1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be a boy?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jamieftm, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Jamieftm

I was born with a pair of boobs and all the feminine parts.. but they never really fit with my personality. I just recently started looking back on my life, seeing that I've never really acted or seemed like a girl. Most people would already thing I was a male because the way I dressed. I used to, and still do say that I am a boy stuck in a girls body. I had no clue about all the possibilities of changing my appearance so I was a boy.

I am NOT 100 percent sure, at the moment I am completely confused. I need help with figuring out who I am. Am I male? Or am I female? This is so much harder to figure out than when I was questioning my sexuality.

Every time I was forced into a dress or skirt, I would fuss and complain that I didn't like it. It didn't seem like it was me. Even for my grade 8 graduation, I was forced to wear a dress and I was miserable all night long. I don't mind hair on my legs or under my arms.. i find it. 'normal'. I also love having my hair short. Ever since I got it cut, even my friends have noticed I'm happier.

Anyway, I would be greatful if you guys could help me out. Lots of love, LadyPride <3

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, just because you don't like doing "girly" things doesn't mean your not a woman. So, you hate putting on dresses and wearing skirts and junk, no big deal.

It takes all kinds in this world.

When I'm at the park I see woman with bigfoot legs, so it happens. Do what makes you happy and people's opinions be damned.

Maybe things will change, maybe they won't. You're 14 you have PLENTY of time to figure things out.

3. Jamieftm

Its not just the fact that i like nothing most girls like. I have ALWAYS said to myself and sometimes to others that I am I boy stuck in a girls body. I never really thought about it deeply until now.

4. Blondie

Blondie Guest

The best thing you can do right now is to talk to your doctor about seeing a gender therapist for this explain how you feel etc:smilewave

5. Emberstone

also, don't ever try to force your feelings on the issue. just trust in yourself, and eventually, it will all be clear to you.

you dont want to force yourself into anything, becuase you just hurt yourself in the end.

6. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

I know of girls who felt that way for a time and then as they got older realized that they liked being a female even though they liked a lot of guy things. But then at the same time, I've known people who felt that way and have been working towards becoming transgendered.

I think in Canada you have to wait until you're older than certain age (I'm not sure which age, you'll have to find that out) before you can get any sort of surgery so whether you like it or not, for the moment and for the next while you are stuck with all the female parts. So, be yourself, don't try and fit some mould of femininity or masculinity. The stuff you like to do and the things you like to wear, maybe don't think of them as 'girl' or 'boy' things but as simply the things that LadyPride likes to do and wear.

Hope everything goes well...

7. Jamieftm

But... im tired of being forced to shave my legs and all that. If i am a girl i HAVE to because thats what girls do.. sighhh.

8. Jamieftm

Being a boy, i can be myself.

9. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

You dont have to do what girls do. Do what you want to do and what YOU feel is right. :slight_smile:

10. TroubledRyan

ya...if you are not comfterable with somthing, don't do it.

be yourself, and don't make such a huge decision without tbeing completly sure about it and yourself :slight_smile:

11. Jamieftm

Also, i feel my soul and my mind is that of a boy. So that is pretty much why I always said that inside, im a boy , but im stuck in a girls body. Le sigh..!

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont think people were trying to tell you that you werent a boy just to take your time and not come to any definate conclusions right now. If that is the decision you finally come to then I know there are people here that can help you with that and perhaps share their experiences with you, so I dont think you should think of it as a bad thing, just like you are on a voyage of discovery.

13. Jamieftm

Yeah, thanks. My mind moved pretty quickly so I make up my mind and know what I want pretty fast. Ill give it a year or so, maybe, and then see how I feel about it. Although i am pretty impatient, ill try to not rush anything.

14. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there are no set time scales on when you can decide I think only you can know how you feel, I mean if it feels completely right then you could start investigating it. I think you might benifit from some of the members on this site that have been where you are now or talk to some of the advisors they always give good advise.

15. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    You shouldn't rush yourself to figure it out. Like others have said, you have plenty of time to figure out what makes YOU most comfortable.

One thing I want to point out: although it can be, gender isn't necessarily always binary. Most people assume that there are only two choices: you're either a feminine girly-girl or a tough, masculine man. But there are a lot of different levels in between. There are many people who identify as genderqueer, which is a mix of genders, bigender, which is both genders, or even agender or gender neutral, which means they don't identify as either one.

So don't feel pressured to choose either being a boy or a girl. You may find out that you are a boy, and that's fine. Just don't let societal pressures interfere with what makes you comfortable.

(Also, I know lots of cis-women who don't shave, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just throwing that out there. xD)

16. zzzzzz13

Not liking certain 'girly' things doesnt make you a guy, but if you have real feelings about this i would agree with what others have said and go to counsellor :slight_smile:

17. Jamieftm

I dont feel like a female though. When I first got my period, i think i remember thinking, "what the heck is going on? This shouldn't be happening to me" either that or "no... no... No... NO,..NO!!!!" lol. Also, everyone finds that girls who dont shave their legs in my area are gross... =\ i dont find hairy legs gross... but i hate the feeling of being judged. The past few weeks i havnt shaved, but its not entirely noticable. I have gone months (when its cold and i have to wear pants i dont shave) without shaving and it becomes REALLY noticable.. to me anyway. =\ If you can point me in a direction to someone who has gone through what I am going through, let me know who and how i can contact them.

18. xCrazyInsanity

Woaaaaaaaaahhh man we're not even thinking about surgery yet. Back up about 20 feet. :lol:
    Sorry, but no seriously surgery is waaaaaay over thataways we're still trying to figure out to turn left, right or keep going straight.[pun NOT intended]

Yes, figuring out the gender thing is harder than figuring out the sexuality thing.
    It's ingrained in us pretty young that we're supposed to at least somewhat fit this idea based on whether or not we have a penis.
    [let's face it, little kids don't have boobies yet... usually anyway. Anywho moving on past pedobear]

The best advice anyone's ever given me has been "do what makes YOU happy"

Just about everything in this thread is screaming "I'm a boy LET ME THE FUCK OUT", or at least that's how I see it.
    But I could be wrong.
    It's really too personal to expect anyone else to be able to just 'tell you' what you are.
    It's something you gotta figure out yourself. But that doesn't mean you can't have support :slight_smile:

Oh lord I remember that day allll too well. And it didn't help that we were about to go to a water park so that ruined the whole day.
    *shudder* ew ew EWWWWWW *dies* xD

Point in direction of people who've been there?
    Err lookie my gender.
    There's a few other guys on here, but I'll let them post it themselves since people tend to eat my brains if i volunteer them for stuff without asking first

(*hug*)

Define "lots"?... I think I know ONE, and she's just incredably lazy.

19. Jamieftm

Lol yeah, at the moment, I do see my insides screaming. But its all confusing because the way i grew up. Sure, I grew up where noone cared if you were gay or lesbian (different story with bi's mom doesnt approve lol) , But i never really KNEW OF transgenders until maybe a year ago, not even. It really opened my eyes and my heart, this is why i'm asking for your advice, because im not sure what to do. Im maybe... 85%-90% that i probably am male, but im so confused, as you probably noticed, ranting on and on about the same thing. lol.

20. xCrazyInsanity

Clearly confuzzled. It's OK tho.

TBH my exposure to transgender was very limited until the past year, maybe two.
    Mine was only the MtF trans and crossdressers on various "freak-show" type daytime TV shows (Jerry springer anyone?). I didn't know you could transition the other way too.

Then I asked a stupid question on yahoo answers about crossdressing, cause I was bored and wanted to see if I felt more normal as a boy.
    Things started making sense... Particularly the "why I hate having breasts this size, when every other girl is jealous" issue. :dry: That one ain't fixed yet tho.

media on the subject is honestly disgusting.