1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing your "label".

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BudderMC, Jun 24, 2010.

1. BudderMC

I know that labels generally aren't a good thing, and I don't really support them, but if I'm "picking one" to keep things simple for who I come out to, then I have to do it I guess.

I can't refer to the Kinsey scale because there's a good chance nobody will know what the hell I'm talking about. I didn't even know what it was until I came here.

So, let's say I come out as gay. What if somewhere in the future I meet an amazing girl who I would love physically, mentally, emotionally, sexually, etc. and want to settle down, get married, have kids, etc. with? I can see not even necessarily drama, but lots and lots of explaining to do then afterwards.

I know at the end of the day it probably isn't a big deal, but I guess what I'm asking is... does anyone have any experience with this? It's cause I'm still at that point I just want it over and done with, but I'm trying to not rush so I don't make mistakes I'll regret later. Trying to think it out and all that. To not make things more complicated than they have to be.

I don't see it as a big deal, so I'm trying to make it as little of a big deal as possible for anyone I'd tell (while making a big deal out of planning it, ironically).

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since you feel the need to label yourself and feel that you could settle down with a member of either gender, bisexual is your best bet.

3. theJosephDean

I agree with Steve - if you feel like you have to pick a label, your best bet will just be "bisexual." I go with the Kinsey thing, but if someone doesn't know what that is or if I know they don't know, I just tell them that I like whom I like and gender plays no role. I don't like picking labels either :]

4. Allistair

Allistair Guest

I might start going with that, i like to be mysterious so if anyone ever asks me if i'm gay i'll just i likes who i likes. I was just going to go with bisexual but that what you said just sounds better/mysterious. :lol:

5. AlyssWonderland

You could say what Mika says. "I've never ever labeled myself. But having said that; I've never limited my life, I've never limited who I sleep with. Bisexual, if you need a label for me."

6. ^What everybody else said. It sounds like you're definitely bi to me.

7. theJosephDean

Haha, sweet xDD