1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever get this massive inferiority complex?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Jun 25, 2010.

1. I'll fuck something up majorly and then I'll feel like absolute shit for a day or two. I always think, "What if someone were to judge the whole LGBT community based on your fuck-ups?" and I'll want to fall off a friggin' cliff. I hate when it happens. Anyone else ever get the same kind of feeling?

:bang:

2. theJosephDean

I don't get the feeling that the whole LGBT community is going to take the fall for my mishaps, lol, but I do end up feeling horribly for a couple of days after I do something stupid (especially relationship-wise). It's normal though, dude. It's called guilt... or regret, depending. Or even both, in some cases such as my own.

Just know that if you do something that you think might look poorly upon others, feel free to come rant about it on the forum. We'll be here to help you through it :]

3. Markio

Oh gosh, I used to feel inferior to my friends all the time. I would do whatever they wanted because I was convinced that they were not gay and therefore more human than I was, so I "should" do what they told me to do. I even thought my gay friends were more human than I was because if I didn't do what they wanted me to, I was worried that I would lose my only friends.
    Eventually I just lost trust in my friends. My "best friend" could sense that I wasn't being honest about not wanting to do things, so she would always say that I can be honest with her. But whenever I tried to be honest with her, she would get mad at me for not doing what she wanted. I didn't feel like she was listening to me at all.
    Finally I just stopped talking to her, and instead spent some time with myself. Not lonely time, but time to think about what I really did like to do, and what decisions I would make in the future that were more honest.

I don't know if that's the kind of inferiority complex you speak of, but in any case remember that you are indeed a human being. We make mistakes every day. If you truly regret it, then an apology or a plan for how to act in the future is probably the best you can do. And remember that everyone around you is probably making a lot of mistakes too, so you're pretty normal and healthy.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always feel inferior to others, LGBT or otherwise. I think deep down that's something every person struggles with at some point.

My own inferiority complex doesn't stem so much from being gay, or from feeling like the entire LGBT community will be judged by my example. And I seriously doubt your fuck-ups could be so horrible that all of the LGBT population is destined for mass execution or something by the rest of the population. Everyone fucks up at some point in their life, whether they are Gay, Lesbian, Straight, Trans, or Bi. :slight_smile:

5. mart83

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I totally get what you're saying. I sometimes feel like if I mess something up in coming out, or whatnot, that it will reinforce people's negative perceptions of gay people. I think part of that is why I've been so hesitant in actually coming out to people.

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yep.. I get this everyday, on and off lol. Its annoying... but hey I'll have to build on it.

7. VampConspiracy

Oh. The story of my life, except again sans the LGBT since I only thought about that in very high detail for the past few days.

Not only an inferiority complex caused, at least in part, by some mental issue Hans Asperger discovered, but an odd sensation to want to both try to make friends and crawl into a little ball in the most tenebrous spot I can find. Hell, even now, my past haunts me... a lot.

8. TonyR

TonyR Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel sometimes ugly, but besides that not much.

9. Ciceron

Ciceron Guest

I get this way when I screw up, mainly when I'm supposed to do something for friends or family and just bomb it. Then I feel if only I were a better person this kind of thing would never have happened. I do as well feel my family may be judged based upon my larger mistakes.

I just have to ride it out I guess.

#9 Ciceron, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
  10. HalfInsane

I don't have an inferiority complex, no.

Yeah, I fuck up sometimes, I have my flaws; everyone does.

I used to sort of feel like for me to make a bad impression on someone, or for me to make a mistake would be to somehow put LGBT people in a bad light, yes. But I eventually learned to accept that people make mistakes, and I'm a normal people, I'm allowed to make mistakes, too. If someone wants to take my mistakes and assume that every single sexual minority is like that... well, they're clearly already a judgmental individual and their opinion is no concern of mine.