1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Online

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BlueRose, Jun 25, 2010.

1. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I've recently started participating in an online community, mostly a loose collection of blogs with twitter to fill in the gaps. I'd like to be out with them, but I don't want it to seem like I'm drawing attention to myself. It's not like they're homophobic or anything (several of them recently denounced prop 8), so I'm not afraid they'll reject me. But I don't want to make a big deal about it. Any ideas? The obvious choice is a casual mention of the boyfriend, but I am (and have been) single. Maybe I could link to a picture on twitter and say "He's hot" or something?

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just say it. :slight_smile:
    Nobody within their right mind would think that you're doing it for attention or to be selfish.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree.

If they are all as cool with it as you mentioned, then they shouldn't bat an eye at your revelation.

4. AlyssWonderland

I'm sure you'll be fine coming out by just saying it! They all sound pretty accepting, so they wont think that youre saying it for attention if they have any intelligence at all. :slight_smile:

5. x2x2x2x2y2

I recently came out on twitter. I just slipped it in with something like "watching new moon. Jacobs hot". Don't over think this because I doubt anyone will really care. I've tweeted a few times about guys/gay stuff/etc since then and no ones even cares really.