1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay so im out, but i still dont feel right

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mr D, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Mr D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So i came out about two years ago which went totally fine, but ever since ive never really felt a sense of belonging or identity within myself, almost to the point of denying im gay. Its very easy for me to hide my sexuality from others as im more masculine that anyone i know haha. So yeah.

Can anyone like, relate or something? say if they suggest anything, something would be nice

2. paco

paco Guest

i relate perfectly. i mean most of my friends know by now, but it's so easy to just not tell new people and no one ever asks. i feel like it would be easier if i had a boyfriend so that i could reference it because i cant seem to ever think of a casual way to say "i like men" to most people.

3. Mr D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah same, also ive been asked quite often if im joking? and also act as if im not gay and start suggesting girls to me and stuff, really a bit shit i must say

4. paco

paco Guest

omg they always ask again lol, sometimes i just wonder if i should wear glitter.

5. Mr D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha yeah, i sometimes slip into a stupidly camp and flamboyant persona at parties and stuff just to see peoples reactions, things get interesting...

6. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I can only relate to the fact that I don't think people are going to believe me... but a boyfriend would definitely help. Or start hanging around with all-girl groups, where you would end up talking about guys...that would help you be "gayer" :slight_smile:

7. Mr D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha nah im not like that, im not wanting just to fit a stereotype so that people have something to identify me with, im Connor not Connor the gay guy.

8. george678

I have the problem of people not believing I am gay. But I have those days sometimes when I think I'm not and I get all confused but there usually only for a day. Well if you have an accepting family and friends is that not ok?