1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alright now I'm questioning

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ilayis, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I'm questioning what to say and do.I already wrote my dad about being bi,but I never told him to not tell anybody:bang: .I was so close to telling my step-mom,but we started talking to her co-worker about my sister,my future cousin and her g/f being in the army which I didn't want to talk personal in front of him.My step-mom threw out the lesbian thing and said they were confused.They got onto how kids these days have no shame and we should be embarrassed that we are GLBT instead of bragging about it.Then they brought the bible into it and said it was Adam and Eve that were created,not Eve and Eve or Adam and Adam. I stook up for us,can't remember what I really said.After a little bit more of them and their discussion,I started thinking about how my family share the same views as her,and how possibly I made a mistake telling my dad about me.IDK,now I really want to read his letter,but if it's a downer I don't know how I will react.I'm afraid and scared!!!:icon_sad:

2. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm starting to reach the point where I say, "If your family won't accept you, cut them off." but I honestly don't believe that is a good idea. Although, if you don't read that letter, you'll never know, and in my opinion, a bad letter is worse than not knowing.

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

right now I want to know,but not...IDK...I'm so frustrated

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't understand why people think that just because God created Adam and Eve first that he did not create a totally diverse world after that. I mean Adam and Eve did not produce all the gay animals that exist in our world. Where did they come from? I think that you should not write your whole family off because of this sour apple. (your stepmother) Just deal with each person individually. You should never be ashamed of who you are. You are the beautiful human being that God created. Don't let anybody say otherwise.

5. Jim1454

I hate that line - about Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve...

People that aren't gay and haven't had to deal with this internal conflict that all of us have had to deal with aren't going to really understand. To some I guess it seems that we're just 'confused' or being 'rebellious'.

I would like to think that if they knew someone who was gay (say, like you!) they'd have a better appreciation for what it's like, and how it isn't a choice that we've made just to be different or to get attention. For some people it's quite an agonizing process, and not something that anyone would choose to do.

I recognize though that some people are just so closed-minded that they're never going to even try to understand - and that's their problem - not ours.

Good luck. We're all here pulling for you!