1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so he's in hospital now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Connor22, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Connor22

ok well I'm back from edinborough with my family for a few days, basically my dad wanted to get out and enjoy the world before he goes into hospital, we had a good time, saw the pride parade and the parliment building and the castle and he got to have a good time but he had to fly back home early for a checkup, so we had to rive home and take the ferry, got back about midnight but anyway, today he's away into hospital to get surgery, they're going to cut out as much of the cancer as they can then test it to see how potent it it and see what else needs done, whether it's radioography or more surgery etc etc so right now we can only wait, I don't remember when the surgery actually will take place but basically he's gonna be a sorry mess for the next few months. Meanwhile I've been left to care for myself while he's in hospital so I've signed myself up for a youth thing over the next few weeks. Should be fun but also my brother si going to england for a course or something and everytime I try to find out things like where is he going and what is he doing I get fucking shushed and told to mind my fucking buisness well FINE if your going to keep secrets from me at least have the motherfuckingcourtesy to actually keep it a secret except of talking about whatever in front of my face but always keeping me out of the loop, then when I try and ignore it because I know it'll hurt more to listen to what doesn't make sense and let my head fill in the gaps I get shouted at for listening to music all of the time. Sorry for the rant but that has been building up over the past few days, and again thanks EC for lettign me get this out of my head before I explode. Again.

2. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

my best wishes for your dad, you and family! (&&&)

3. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    Great to hear you had a good time the last couple of day's. Hope everything goes well for your dad, there's some great improvements in that area of medicine these day's. Oh and don't worry about your brother, I think there whole meaning of being is to be annoying. Anyway just sending some more of this -> (*hug*)

4. Eleanor Rigby

I hope everything is going to go fine for your dad and that he'll be better soon.
    (*hug*) (*hug*)
    Feel free to rant as much as you want, you're going through a tough time right now, and if it helps, this is also what EC is there for.
    Take care (*hug*)

5. Mister Gaga

It's nice to hear that you had fun, and I'm sorry for your dad, I'm sure he will be fine soon enough =)

I wish I had such relationship with my parents, mine are just :frowning2:

6. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Yeah I'm happy to hear you had a great time with your Dad you all deserve it :slight_smile:

7. Connor22

ok my mum got home from visiting him in hospital, he's been through the first major operation and hopefully the last before chemeotography kicks in, right now he's feeling good, if a bit tired, anesthetic still packs a punch adn he gets pains so he's on morphine. Other than that hes fine for the minute, I gave him my ipod for him to listen to if he gets bored but he was too sleepy to even aknowledge it whic I suppose is fair enough so mum sset it under his pillow, the only place he can get it. Thanks for all of the support guys, god knows I needed it and my mums feeling better, shes not crying as much so at least theres one positive. I'll keep you lot posted, probably in this thread.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Connor! I'm sorry to hear that your dad has cancer. Having gone through cancer treatments myself not too long ago, I can imagine what your dad must be going through at the moment. Feel free to drop me a line if you want to talk or just want to chat a bit. I hope that everything will work out for him and that it will be soon behind him. (*hug*)

Glad though that you enjoyed the time with your family in Edinburgh and that you guys spent some time together.

Hopefully everything will work out well.

9. Just Adam

(*hug*)

im sure hell get better its great your such a close family..in my experience hospitals are great and all but family's being there for each other are what keeps people going :slight_smile:

i just hope there's some good music on that ipod now (*hug*) take care :slight_smile:

10. Connor22

well back from visiting my dad and I gotta say he's looking fine, he's quite happy and is looking fine except he keeps complaining about his shorts that are pressing against his wound so were going to get him some new ones soon, also he got himself a morphine on tab thing that he presses the buttone and gets a shot... I'm glad hes losing that today because in the time that I was with him he gave himself 5 shots and we had to go in groups of two so he must have shot himself a lot more and also he has been given... er a tube... for ahem... saving journies. Hees fine at the minute but he stars chemeo tomorrow so thats as they say, the dark after the dawn? (or is it the other way round)

11. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Keep up beat as you are just now Connor. Its the best way thought it I found. :slight_smile:

12. Blondie

Blondie Guest

I am glad to hear your upbeat about it all I know how hard it is to live with some one who has cancer I lost both my grandparents and mother to cancer and almost had a brush with it my self stay up keep your dad in a good mood and support him through this battle they have come along way in treatment for cancer(*hug*)

13. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

dont worry about the self shots...its called PCA...patient controlled analgesia... where he can monitor his pain levels...dont worry it is setup in a way that he can only get so much of the pain med at a time even if he pushes the button ...there is a max cap per time frame...so he wont overdose and be in harms way...

HOPE HE IS GETTING BETTER! (&&&)

14. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Wow you are really strong. I'm happy that things are improving

Oh yeah and I said a prayer for you and your family :slight_smile: