1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so what?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Jun 30, 2010.

1. I'm gay!!! Not that that's news to anyone on here....

But anyway to what I was going to say was this
    I can say to myself that I'm gay, look myself in the mirror and be totally cool with it. But I stil feel weird when i think about telling anyone else beyond who I've already told, I totally freak out about it and get really nervous. How can I be totally cool with myself and not want to tell anyone else?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Although you might be comfortable with yourself and feel good about your sexual identity, maybe there is a part of you that is not ready to come out further (at this stage or point in time)?

It could be that there is still some 'left over' internal homophobia that has built up during the time that you were in the closet and it makes itself known through feeling weird and become nervous when you think about coming out to others or further, especially if you think about coming out to the more important people in your life. Aare you out to your parents or family members?

Are you part of an LGBT support group? If not, maybe (and if possible) try joining a group. Being part of a group and participating in their events can help you in becoming ready to continue your coming out journey.