1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RomanceSlayer, Sep 12, 2007.

1. RomanceSlayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It´s been while since I last visited this site, I´m sure no one had noticed that jajaja
    I can only say I "killed" my computer, that´s why I´ve had lost contact with everything related to internet this last months... =D

Anyways, I´ve been quite confuse lately....

In August I entered a new school, it´s really cool, I can really identify myself with many of the people there, something I never did anywhere before; I´ve met really cool people, some of them with the same interests as mine, this was also something I had never experienced before, but well, It really feels awsome to find a place like this....

The only thing I´m uncomfortable with is the "coming out" matter, I mean, my friends are always telling this homophobic jokes, calling offensive names to gay people, and all that kind of stuff, which makes me feel bad somehow; there are also this girls which are always flirting with me and well I don´t know how to tell them "oh sorry I´m gay, go and look for another guy"...

But well the worst thing, what makes me feel really bad, is that when I´m finally somewhere where I feel cool, a stupid thing, which is teeling people about your sexual orientation, makes the difference between being accepted or rejected...

I mean I´m not obliged to tell people I´m gay, but I wouldn´t like to live forever in a lie, besides, there are this times where I feel like scraming "YEAH I´M GAY, WHAT´S THE PROBLEM WITH THAT", it´s king of frustrating to have to hide an important part of who you are...

I think talking this can make me feel better, but I don´t really have someone to talk to about this matters, so that´s why I write it down here...

well, hope someone can give me an advice

2. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you aren't ready to come out to your friends-- which is FINE-- maybe you could start by seeing if you can get them to stop with the gay jokes and name calling when you are around. You don't have to make it a big deal if you're not ready to deal with everything, but just something like "I find that offensive" or "Can you cut it out for a while" can sometimes help stop it in your presence. It will still suck that they do it, but maybe you won't have to constantly hear it. Good luck with everything.

Oh yeah. About the girls, just come out and say that you aren't into them. It will hurt them for a brief moment, but they'll find someone else to crush on fast. Trust me. :icon_wink

3. Gera-Kun

well, i understand you feelings, that's how it was with me, kinda, and it all changed when i came out!^^but ppl always have different reactions, so idk about you...if you want to come out, go ahead i guess...
    and one more thing, where'd you live in Mexico? It's uber cool that you're on this site! XD