1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is Vacation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by padre411, Jul 1, 2010.

1. padre411

I started my vacation last Friday, June 25, at 4:23pm, only 3 hours and 23 minutes behind schedule. Sixty miles into the trip I had a rear tire blowout and when I pulled over discovered that my spare was flat. I knew at that point it would be an interesting trip.

I arrived at my first stop on the Texas coast in time to have Alex form in the gulf. Interesting continues. On Tuesday I came up to Dallas to see my brothers and come out to them. That all went well.

Then at 4am Wednesday morning I woke by brother up to take me to the emergency room. The pain in my right side had gotten worse and worse through the night. When they checked my white blood cell count it was 23,000 (normal is 4,00-11,000). They admitted me. None of the cat scans show anything out of the ordinary. I'm still in the hospital on Thursday afternoon crossing my fingers I get discharged. My white count this morning was normal and I don't have this afternoon's results yet. Their best guess is something in my GI tract which calls for a colonoscopy when I get home.

Of course the soup I had for lunch has torn up my stomach and I'm thinking I will lie to the doctor when he asks and live on yogurt and metamucil until I get home on July 12.

I have 12 more days of vacation and am wondering how much more interesting it will get. I have a 3 people I'll be seeing that I'm thinking about coming out to. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks be to god for free wireless in the hospital.

Peace,

2. george678

I hope you get better soon :slight_smile: *hugs*

3. EM68

Feel Better Mike!

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, Mike.

Clearly there's some sort of test or message or something going on here, but I'm sure you'll come through it all fine. Please keep us informed, and I'll be sending healing thoughts your way :slight_smile:

5. Rikudo

Oh that's brutal Mike. Hope the rest of your vacation gets better.

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Well that just sounds like a pleasant vacation to me.

Seriously though, hope you get better. :3

Canada is laughing at your hospital bill.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ouchie but get better :slight_smile:

8. TriBi

I think I might have chosen a word slightly stronger than 'interesting' to describe event so far - but then - I'm not a Padre. :wink:

Take care of yourself Mike - hope the rest of the trip settles back to something closer to 'normal' for you.