1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Community Club

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Jul 4, 2010.

1. x2x2x2x2y2

My sisters boyfriend wants me to go to this LGBT club so I can meet people. It sounds cool but I'm like really scared. I wouldn't be alone(he said he would go with me) but it still makes me nervous. How do I get over this??

2. EM68

Just relax, and be yourself. I was nervous when I went to my first LGBT meet up. You are not the only one to be nervous. I bet many of the people that are at the club were nervous when they first went. The most important thing is to have fun! Let us know what happens. :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every person at the LGBT center you go to was in your shoes once. They all remember it. And they will all welcome you, knowing that you are probably scared out of your mind :slight_smile: Seriously, that's really the way it is.

Screw up your courage and just go for it :slight_smile:

4. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I have no interst in going to a LGBT club at all I just don't see the point at all and I am not into the Gay scene at all I just want to live normally and not give a crap about my sexuality and live like a hetro person except I have a boyfriend/husband.

5. elitechris

I've never been to a LGBT group but it looks to me that you have the perfect opportunity to go to one!
    I can only dream that I can go to a group with someone I know.
    Just be confident and have fun!

6. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Going to an LGBT isn't the 'gay scene.' Far from it if you ask me. The one I go to is a youth group that just happens to be for LGBT people. Last time I went there we did some drama workshops that were fun and a good laugh!

7. x2x2x2x2y2

What kinds of things do people do at these things though?? I will probably go next week and I just wanna be prepared.