1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a few problems to say the least (quite long)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkcheesse, Jul 4, 2010.

1. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    interested in guy but...
    i've got a massive crush on one of my best friends, i hang with him every day but he gets really uncomfortable in these sort of situations. so i haven't said anything, i think he may have a suspicion as he has said once or twice that I'm not his type, i know he swings both ways. should i bring it up or just wait for the feelings to pass?

no motivation
    I've been trying to this course work for college for the last 6 months, and its has to be in on Friday done the other half of the years course work last week end. see i know in the time frame i have i can complete the work but all i seem to do no matter how hard i try is work for 5 mins then goof about for an hour. and having ADD dosn't help much either. any 1 got any tips on that?

substitution.....
    Ive recently quit smoking well cigarettes, if you know what i mean. Ive found it easy as hell but i fear Ive gone back to what i was addicted to before Pepsi max, i go through 6-8 litters a day, i know thats a lot but i cant stop drinking it, most friends thought i go back to over eating, but i force myself not to eat most of the time due to the fear of getting fatter, to be fair all my friends say im not fat i think i am I'm 5'7 and weight 9 and a half stone. back to substitution i was never able to quit drinking Pepsi complete;y but i was at 2 litters a day now i's back to 6 and i just cant stop drinking it, i find that most other drinks taste awful. any advice on well cutting out caffeine?

self confidence issues...
    well i feel inferior to most people, sometimes i brag about things i haven't done just to sort of fit in, never any major lies but small things like i listen to that band sometime, when i don't even know who the hell they are and other things like that. the fact i think im repulsive well going of most other people's opinions it ain't far from the truth. the fact i cant go a week without someone calling me moley, and ripping of that austin powers scene, yep i have a mole on my chin its mainly done by randomers though. what really got to me the other day was when they told me to put a shirt back on and saying i was ugly, also being called burger nips,a little weird due to the fact i don't have them.

i cant stop bitting my nails.
    been this way ever since i can remeber when i get bored i bite them, i tend to bite them to short i only stop when making them shorter is too much pain, well some times i self inflict pain out of loathing but that a different story. i cant stoping biting them its really bugging me, although people are more weirded out by the fact i can also bite my toe nails i only do that one to have a joke and some time freak out people who have annoyed me. any advice would be great
    (sorry about the length but i though i may aswell just put it all in one post)

2. Inhuman

interested in guy but...
    i've got a massive crush on one of my best friends, i hang with him every day but he gets really uncomfortable in these sort of situations. so i haven't said anything, i think he may have a suspicion as he has said once or twice that I'm not his type, i know he swings both ways. should i bring it up or just wait for the feelings to pass?

Wait for the feelings to pass. Sorry sweetheart, you're in the firends zone and you don't want to be fck buddies with someone you care about. Emtoions are like humans: we wish we could live forever, we wish we would survive our own deaths, we want tohers to think we'll last forever. Emotions will tell you they're here to stay, but they're not. One day you're obsessing over someone/something and 1 month later NOPE haha

no motivation
    I've been trying to this course work for college for the last 6 months, and its has to be in on Friday done the other half of the years course work last week end. see i know in the time frame i have i can complete the work but all i seem to do no matter how hard i try is work for 5 mins then goof about for an hour. and having ADD dosn't help much either. any 1 got any tips on that?

Remove distractions, like music and friends, etc. and just force yourself essentially. it's tough but you just gotta.

substitution.....
    Ive recently quit smoking well cigarettes, if you know what i mean. Ive found it easy as hell but i fear Ive gone back to what i was addicted to before Pepsi max, i go through 6-8 litters a day, i know thats a lot but i cant stop drinking it, most friends thought i go back to over eating, but i force myself not to eat most of the time due to the fear of getting fatter, to be fair all my friends say im not fat i think i am I'm 5'7 and weight 9 and a half stone. back to substitution i was never able to quit drinking Pepsi complete;y but i was at 2 litters a day now i's back to 6 and i just cant stop drinking it, i find that most other drinks taste awful. any advice on well cutting out caffeine?

Tryed the caffine patch? Or try being addicted to soemthing harmless, like . . .gum or soemthing

self confidence issues...
    well i feel inferior to most people, sometimes i brag about things i haven't done just to sort of fit in, never any major lies but small things like i listen to that band sometime, when i don't even know who the hell they are and other things like that. the fact i think im repulsive well going of most other people's opinions it ain't far from the truth. the fact i cant go a week without someone calling me moley, and ripping of that austin powers scene, yep i have a mole on my chin its mainly done by randomers though. what really got to me the other day was when they told me to put a shirt back on and saying i was ugly, also being called burger nips,a little weird due to the fact i don't have them.

im no help with this one because my self confidence issues magically solved themselves and now im vain

i cant stop bitting my nails.
    been this way ever since i can remeber when i get bored i bite them, i tend to bite them to short i only stop when making them shorter is too much pain, well some times i self inflict pain out of loathing but that a different story. i cant stoping biting them its really bugging me, although people are more weirded out by the fact i can also bite my toe nails i only do that one to have a joke and some time freak out people who have annoyed me. any advice would be great
    (sorry about the length but i though i may aswell just put it all in one post)

Just go cold Turkey. Try paining your nails with clear nail polish, and get out of the habit. Or try running your teeth under the fingernail instead of biting it (that's what i do) and/or bite them to an appropriate lenght instead of too short (i do that too)

3. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Darkcheesse

Well,first off from reading your post it seems that you basically already know you are not your best mates(crush)type so dont persue it any further,if you make the situation uncomfortable for him you risk breaking up your friendship.Better to have a best friend with limits,than no friend at all.

Well done with the smoking so far,just try to keep it up.As far as your pepsi or whatever cola type drinks you have, try buying half your nomal amount and making up the difference with another type of drink such as fruit flavours or even a chilled water from time to time,alot of what may be thought of as addiction is much more just a habit.You've got out the habit of picking up the cigs,so now work on picking an alternative drink in between each pepsi.

Most of your other issues such as motivation,feeling inferior,no confidence,trying to fit in and general self hatred all point to depression, which should be treated the same as any other illness.Make an appointment with your GP and tell him/her what you've told us and then you will at least have tried to get help.Good luck

4. bironey

Out Status:
    All but family
    You should learn the power of your mind. First, stop looking at things in black and white. Like starvation and soda vs getting fat... your attention problems can stem from your diet. Try to eat a HEALTHY breakfast, lunch and dinner. Smaller portions if you're trying to lose weight. Also avoid sugars and fats. You can do it, you've just managed to convince yourself otherwise for the time being. For the school work...well if you were actually DIAGNOSED with ADD and this problem was hurting your school work, they would have prescribed to you a sort of stimulant, probably amphetamine, which will sure as hell give you all the motivation you need to get your work done. In lieu of such diagnosis and medication, however, you simply need to organize your work area and buckle down.Tell yourself you'll take a 10 minute break after every hour of work and stick to it. You'll feel amazing when you've accomplished everything. About the confidence, you need to stop worrying what other people think. If you're constantly comparing yourself to others, you are constantly trying to stereotype yourself as one of them and you're refusing to give yourself a chance to be YOU. If you are constantly trying to be one of them, you are hopelessly directing your energy to be something you are not. It also implies that you believe you are something you do not want to be. Be yourself, and the best version of yourself you can be. I'm not saying not to steal something here and there from other people, but only do it because you want it to be a part of you. For example, someone is talking about a band, don't be ashamed that you didn't listen to them ever. It's not your type of music. Or maybe you don't like music at all. These things make you different, and honestly, different is cool. Say that shit outloud "I don't even listen to that." And if it sounds good, go get their CD and listen to it. Then you can be like "yo dude I got that cd it was pretty sick...track 4 was sweet." Get what I'm saying? Be YOU. Don't pretend, because even if everyone believes you, you can still only be second best if you're following. I was once in your shoes, and to tell you the truth EVERY SINGLE TIME (to this day, people of every age) someone is bad mouthing someone (whether they are there or not) it is to make themselves feel better. Burger nips? Really? My response would be "get off my dick. do you have nothing better to do than look at my nipples?"

Make this world YOUR world, read a few books, take some risks, screw what other people say and think for your god damned self. Don't dress, talk, or act like anyone other than you.

5. If you are drinking 6-8 liters a day, then you have a problem

6. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i was on medication for my ADD but it messed with my head to much so my mum had me taken of it. thx for the advice,

anyone got any tips on being able to confront people when they upset you, cause every time some one upsets me i either just bugger off, or pretend like it dosn't phase me. well its sort with the mentality i have a you can ignore a problem till it goes away or completely avoid it.