1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexually neutral...or not?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blankpaper, Jul 5, 2010.

1. blankpaper

Since 7th or 8th grade I noticed that I was attracted to girls seemingly more than the other girls, and I've always got along with guys. I've looked at all the terms and at all the definitions and stuff about sexuality but for some reason I just can't pin anything down. Because for me the problem is not that I am confused about my attractions, I could see myself with either a girl or a boy, but my feelings are lukewarm either way. Everyone's always thought I was weird because I never joined in on chatting about guys and talking about how hot they are because I just don't care. Even when I think about girls in my own mind I like the idea of being with another girl but I'm not walking down the streets checking everyone out. I'm so neutral about that stuff that if I came out as say, bisexual, my friends would be surprised about the fact that I like guys never mind girls.
    For me, relationship-wise it doesn't matter to me what gender a person is, just what their personality is like. But this also might just be caused by my fear of a close physical relationship. But that fact that I'm 17 and should be raging full of hormones right now makes me think that I'm not going to change much in my desires. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that right now I'm feel like I'm basically blank. I have no preferences in gender, and no sexual desires; I just want companionship.

Well now we're coming to the actual point of my post :icon_bigg . I kinda want to tell someone but I don't know how I would phrase it. As you read I can't pin it down to anything less than two paragraphs of explaining. I feel like bisexual is too strong and restricting of a word to use but I would't want to say asexual or just go with "not straight" because well, a part of me still is..... Advice?

2. TroubledRyan

Well...you can try to explain it to someone that you don't care what kinda of body a person has,you just like a person for them.
    That way you arent saying your bi exactly, but your also saying you still don't have to much of attraction for people, not quiet sure but thats probely how I would try to word it,or around that.

3. knight of ni

Maybe you could avoid a -sexual prefix altogether and say that you want to pick a companion based on personality. That is both gender-neutral and has no implication of a sexual relationship.