1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bumer grrr

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fabu2113, Jul 6, 2010.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

Well still in the closet.Iam not only feeling depressed but out of place in this world. I thought i was over it but i guess not realy. Iam confused to what I want. I feel Ill never find love. I really want to get more envolved with my community but I feel I can not do that because Im not out yet. I have not had the guts to go to a pflag meetings near me. But lets say im out what then. what awaits me. Or is it just accepting who I am.
    The feeling of freedom. If I only had just one gay firend at the least who I can talk with in person. Maybe its me. Maybe im just desperate. Anyways sometimes i feel that I will one day find that special person. dont you guys feel sometimes that you say to yourself ,today i feel like i might find that special person.:slight_smile:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think what might help you is if you take it one step at a time. Once you start coming out, and become comfortable with being out, things will become a bit easier on you.

Joining the PFLAG group or any other LGBT support group in you area and becoming more involved is a good idea. It will also give you the chance to talk to others about their experiences. The more you can share your experiences with others, and listen to theirs, the more comfortable you will become with yourself, and also with the coming out process. Asking others questions about their experiences, can really help in gaining the courage to begin the coming out process.

Although it can be quite daunting at times joining a LGBT group remember that all of them were in the same position that you are facing. Maybe try to go to one of the PFLAG meetings by telling yourself that everyone is going to be accepting. Maybe just listen in on what other have to say. You don't have to come out or say something about yourself if you feel that you are not ready to do that just yet, but attending a meeting or at least trying could help you in overcoming a little bit of your fears. Joining a group could also help you in making one or two gay friends.

Being out will allow you to live your life without having to hide from others. You can really just let go of your fears of having to hide and be yourself around others, which can be a great stress reliever as well.

Take it slow. Try not to worry about as to whether you will find someone to love at this point. Worrying about too many things at the same time, will only lead you to feeling being overwhelmed with it all. Take it one step at a time.

3. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Fabu

Your post reminds me of my own feelings 2 years ago,that feeling of needing a gay friend who has been through the same sh** as your going through.I got to a point where those feelings started to take over life in general so i made myself go to a local pub run by a gay couple and is quite good at attracting local gay men.Even though i am not good at mixing etc i started a conversation with the barman/owner and to cut a long story short ended up coming out to about 12 people,met some new people,enjoyed myself and came away feeling awsome because not only had i come out for the first time but i knew 3 gay men that were happy to talk.

Soon after this i came out to family etc,then joined gaydar dating site where despite any reputation this site had plenty of local men advertising for friendship,chat or meet for a coffee.

I appreciate the difficulty in coming out,or even joining a dating/friendship site but the huge weight it lifts off your shoulders,to feel free or just even have gay friends is well worth all the courage it takes.All our fears of coming out are mainly based on worst case cenareose which thankfully dont happen very often,even on this site the trend seems to be more and more accepting coming outs with very few loss of friends etc.

Give yourself that little push when you feel ready,then once its done you will wonder what made it all so difficult!

good look