1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I give up on dating, I'm just going to become a cat lady.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mugwump, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Mugwump

I'm turning 24 in one day... I still haven't been kissed. I recently got all excited about a girl because I thought we were both into each other. From my rather limited experience she certainly seemed to be flirting. Anyway, last night we went out and she pulled the whole "I am worried that you want to be more than just friends" thing on me. She said that she really liked me, thought I was cute, thought I was funny, and that she loved hanging out with me... but she just wants to be friends. WhatEVER. I GIVE UP. I am so freaking scared of kissing anyway. Let alone what comes next. Why am I chasing after things that are scary, and things that are too hard to get? ARGH! I'm going to get CATS and THAT'S IT! Can someone fix it please? :bang:

2. Eric

If she didn't think you guys should be more than friends, then odds are it wouldn't have worked out with her in a serious relationship. It's also possible that she wants to take her time. I think you feel so much pressure just to kiss someone that you try to jump into a relationship even though there might not be anything there. You will kiss someone eventually, rest assured. And if you get cats, you'll just feel more sad and lonely. Think about this: will you be able to kiss your cats?

3. Chandra

You know what, I'm 34, and I totally know how you feel because I went through that for many, many years. I was pretty much certain there was nobody out there for me, and even if there was, I wouldn't know what to do about it anyway. But I found someone, and she's made it easy to figure out how it's all supposed to work just by being who she is. I'm not going to give you any platitudes or empty advice, but I hope you find your match someday too. *hugs*

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww (*hug*)(*hug*)s for you.

I think the best advice I can give you is not to give up, but also not to put pressure on yourself.

I didnt kiss anyone until I was 26 so by my calculations you still have 2 years and a day haha. On a more serious note, I used to worry about all of the stuff you are worried about but then when it came to it it just felt right and happened, I know that doesnt help you much but its true.

Also for what its worth I think she was flirting with you and I believe she was interested, now maybe she changed her mind and now just wants to be friends, or maybe she got scared. I think you should carry on hanging out with her and just wait and see what else comes along.

5. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    My cats hate being kissed, so I use it as a punishment if they misbehave.

6. Davy

Scotland (That's the bit with hills & rain)
    Remember your last thread about that date, as said it may well have not meant to be.

Just keep your head up, you will find the right person I am sure of it! (*hug*)

7. Beachboi92

if it makes u feel better ive been considering being a crazy cat lady to

8. Mugwump

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile:

9. bironey

Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't put so much pressure on yourself. We tend to get a small bit of feeling, and then while we mull it over it just gets bigger and bigger -- in our heads, but not always in the head of the one we have the feeling for. Try to recognize your initial feelings, and focus on the now. Don't think about the kiss, don't think about anything that's going to happen, think about what's happening. That way, you're both more likely to be on the same page of what the possibilities are. I don't know if you've been on the other side of this, but I can totally tell when someone wants to kiss me, you know? Sometimes, I'll pretend I don't notice so maybe they can get the idea out of their heads. Sometimes, it just ruins everything because you can tell that they can't hold the conversations they used to, because they're subconsciously obsessing themselves with "getting with" me. I've done it as well, ruining dates or hangouts just because I was thinking of the outcome. Just play it by ear and if it's time to kiss you'll know...and you won't be so nervous because it doesn't determine whether or not you have a good time.

10. haelmarie

I already AM a crazy cat lady.

11. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ugh, no. Never been in that situation.

12. D_Alejandro

Don't EVER give up. NEVER!!!! No matter how long it takes. Just get out there and see what you can find. Try #######, it's a very decent site. And the only way to conquer your fears is by FACING them. Take risks hun, you only live once. Risks are good as long as everything is safe and turns out in your favor.

And remember: "Don't lose hope. When the sun goes down, the stars come out."

:grin:

13. :eek:My cats kiss back...:eek:

I don't wanna become a crazy cat lady or anything. But I do very much love my babies

14. Mugwump

Lol people! Cats are cool, I agree :slight_smile: Um... re: never giving up, well see... some people tell me "you should stop trying/looking, because things happen when you're not looking for them", and other people are telling me "keep hunting, try everything!" Which one do I believe?

Anyway, I spontaneously asked a girl for coffee today. At least if anything I am giving things a shot now, and I think I'm expecting less and less each time.

15. gialamas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not that this will help your situation at all, but I considered becoming a cat lady too!

Except I don't like cats. So conceited and only want to be loved when its on THEIR schedule. Pfh, I was going to go more along the lines of a dog man.

Lets just hope we don't end up moving next door to eachother. B-)

16. Nomad187

Screw being a cat lady!!! Be a badass Catwoman!!!!!!! you get a whip!