1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being called a "faggot"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chained butterfly, Jul 7, 2010.

1. chained butterfly

So, I was in an argument with this douche bag on fb. He was making fun of this one kid saying stuff. I'll just post the convo here then :slight_smile: Theres a lot of cursing... :O the XXX is because i cant say is name. And B is the little homophobe.

B: "XXX u kno its tru lmfao hes such a fuckin fag i denied him on fb fuckin queer dick rode the shit out of me with like 34534534 friend requests like get a life bro"

ME: "Queer dick makes no sense....
    Fag is not an insult since it can also mean a ciggarate or a bundle of sticks"

B: ur a fuckin bi piece of ugly shit with a mole on ur face shut the fuck up ur a fuckin wierdo u look like XXXX

ME: At least im smarter than you and its lesbian you ignoramus cunt not bi. If ya gunna call me out do it right
    and p.s, so what, mole or not deal with it.
    You say im wierd but if being normal is like you then shit put me on the crazy train cuzz your one piece of mistake. P.S XXX STILL LOOKS BETTER THAN YOU !

B: haha XXX looks like a curly headed fuck he loooks like a litlle fuckin monkey ur a fuckin lesbian

ME: ... again.. your intelligence is really nothing... i think we already stated my sexuality mr.obvious. And I don't think you could look like a fuck.......... and in darwins theory we were evolutionized from monkeys..... your point exactly?

B: Your a fag

ME:
    thank you ♥ I'd rather be a fag than a straight insignificunt like you

... did i handle that well..? I mean, i tried not cursing the shit out of him when he called me that. And i tried to stay calm and rational and it was hard. I just wanted to bash his head in with a bat....... but then i would be no better than the homophobes. Anyone have any advice on how i could handle the situation better?

:bang::bang::bang:

2. theJosephDean

You handled it a lot better than most would have! B really showed just how stupid some people can be these days. If ignorance is bliss, he must be orgasmic >_>

3. werekid

yeah i think you did it better them most ppl would

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this obviously some idiot who is just trying to get rise out of you. Ignore his dumb ass

5. oomf9

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You handled that very well! There will always be people like this in the world, which doesn't make it right but try not to let it bother you.

I heard once: "it's not what people call you, it's what you answer to."

Good luck!

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You handled it better than most, but you still could have simply disengaged yourself with a good deal of class and self-respect. Two things to keep in mind:

1. "Faggot" is one of those words that says far more about the person saying it than the person it's said about. And nearly everyone, on some levels, knows and understands this.

2. Whenever two people are arguing...if one person is calm and collected while the other one is losing his composure, people just start assuming it's the second guy who has the problem. (you seem to have picked up on this to some degree...)

in response to the first post, you could have just said something like "Woah - easy there, sunshine. So he sent you some friend requests. BFD. If you're not interested, ignore them. If you find him annoying, block him. My main question isn't 'why is he sending you so many requests?'. It's 'why are you so freaked out by him?'."

Lex

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you handled it well. The next best thing would have been to just ignore him because probably no one was even listening...especially with his unbelievably poor grammar and spelling... but you still handled it well none the less.

8. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Like everyone said, you handled it well. You didn't lose your cool like he wanted you to. Notice all he could say is "faggot your a fuckin lesbian" or whatever lol don't waste your energy on people like that they aren't worth it.

9. chained butterfly

thanks guys! This pack of loser isn't worth my time :slight_smile:

10. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You handeld it well, better though just ignore those types or say random things to confuse them. A good one I have found to shut up internet trolls and other intolerant cu### is to compare louis armstrong to pantera. No one ever seems to have a decent responce to that.

11. Connor22

when people call me weird (wich happens a lot) I always reply "have you ever met a normal person? seriously?" and if they say who I ask them to list them, it's usually one two or three people and so I reply "so a small group of normal people surrounded by weird people, doesn't that make them weird and everyone else normal?"

works a treat

12. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well block him or delete him from your friendlist. He is not worth knowing and have nothing to do with him if you see him at school, etc if possible.

13. VentinIntrovert

Thats a lot of diaglogue between you two. You should have just blocked and ignored him. There's not point in making the fight any worst and no way to convert his narrowmindedness.

14. bironey

Out Status:
    All but family
    You handled it well, the only thing I would have done differently was to make it clear that I stopped listening when he stopped making sense. Instead of replying to each of his dumbass remarks, just rolling my eyes and maybe throwing in a, "dude, you're a tool."

15. titaniumCloset

Usually with people like that I just ignore them. They're just evil, attention-whoring people.

For example, this week at work I forget what the situation was but my boss ended up saying to me "Quit being such a fag". There were other people around so I said "quit being such a what? say it louder." ....he said "A FAG!". I wanted to knock him in the face but instead I just left the area and had him looking like a douchebag in front of everyone.

16. Corny

Corny Guest

"takes one to know"

17. george678

Handled it better than most people would , it's good of you. Let's hope people like him/her are made to see sense some day.

18. VampConspiracy

I say you handled it well.

If something like that ever happened to me on Facebook, I would just close the tab/close Pidgin/close whatever software I'm using to connect to FB.

If that happened to me in real life, then I would have used the equivalent in real life: not saying a word. Something like this doesn't deserve a response, and the chatspeak just makes something for me to make fun of.

19. littledinosaurs

This, there wasn't really a reason to "handle it". You could have just cancelled the conversation and possibly your friendship with that person.

20. Nomad187

yea good job. last person who called me a fag regretted it because I knocked her and her bf out, at prom in front of everybody