1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendship in Trouble/Broken

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by weatherscanner, Jul 7, 2010.

1. weatherscanner

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So 6 months ago. I befriend a Brazilian girl rough the same age as me. We went to coffee a few times, went on walks a few times, and she came over and we studied together. 3 months after that we were driving around, she trusted me, I trust her, and being to have feelings for her. I wanted to ask her out so I did. What I did not know? Is she had been asked out by two other guys. She sent my a e-mail. I believe and then I don't. She apology and said the friendship is ruined. I go to school with her and work with her. She said everything was going to return to normal, but I feeling distant and want more of the friendship we had. Coffee and walking. We have a lot in common, but one thing is I called her and told her I'm sorry, I accept her apology, said I'm not immature, and other general questions. I can e-mail her and fb, but its just collegues now and I want the friendship we had. I don't know what to do. But the conversion went nowhere. Its been a month and a half. The phone call was short. I think I need to talk or write a letter. I want to write a letter. She said in the phone called there was nothing to sort out, but there is in my eyes. It was all miscommunication and it's like she doesn't care. I know how she feels, but I think another action would put this friendship in a grave. ADVICE PLEASE. If you need more info. I can give it.

2. weatherscanner

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think she's confused? Or doesn't care

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! I think it would be good if you give it time and maybe leave it at being colleagues for now. I think you have tried to keep a friendship going, but from what you have mentioned it seems that your friend isn't interested at the moment in keeping or trying to make a friendship work. But maybe with some distance and time, she might feel differently about it. For the time being, I wouldn't try to force a friendship.