1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Small Problem...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Echidna1, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Recently at work we hired some new people and one of the guys is really funny. I really like his personality, his smile is amazing, and on top of that he is really cute. I don't know if he's gay but he did say he's a dancer. The problem I have is that I am his supervisor and I'm flirting with him a lot. I don't even realize that I'm doing it.

Agh. This might be the only reason I regret being promoted. :bang:

2. Prccgeek

if work + relationships is a no-no, which it almost always is...you are just going to have to ignore his cuteness...doesn't mean you still can't be friends...and maybe sometime in the future one of you will change jobs and then you can change your just friendship into something more, if he is gay!?...he is a dancer :slight_smile: it is not a fun situation, but maybe attempt to cut down the flirting

3. Eleanor Rigby

Flirting with someone you supervise at work is not especially a good idea. Maybe you haven't been doing thos conciously, but now that you are conscious that you're doing it, I think it would be better to watch yourself and be less flirty.
    And I doubt the fact he is a dancer could really be an indication about the fact he is gay. If you want to find out if he is gay or not, the best thing is probably to come out to him (if you haven't already), and hope he will trust you enough to come out to you as well if he happens to be gay too.

4. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Being friends and less flirty (and of course stopping all together) sounds good to me. :slight_smile: