1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble finding a place

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mogget, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Mogget

I need to move, but I'm having a terrible time with it. I've tried to recruit friends as roommates (can't live alone for safety and financial reasons) and tried looking for a place and then getting friends but...

No one takes me up on my requests to find a place with them and Craigslist overwhelms me. So many options and I can't sort through them. I need to find a place, but just trying stresses and overwhelms me. Any advice?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Do you have friends with whom you could move into? I.e. rather than asking them if they would move in with you, ask if you could move in with them if they have a spare room. Or ask them if they know is someone in the neighborhood is renting something.

I don't know where you are located, but if your city or community has a college or university nearby, a good starting point could be the off-campus housing website as over the summer months you can find pretty good deals on these sites and they tend to be cheaper than your regular apartment search lists.