1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I called my ex-boyfriend today!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

I broke it off through text a while back after we were only dating for a week and some change. I know it's wrong to do that but i didn't know at the time. Anyway I felt terrible about the whole ordeal and this happened a year and a half ago. I've been wanting to apologize for a while and I finally did but I didn't get to say everything because he cut me off to say that it was ok and he forgave me and that makes me feel a little better but not completely. Like the weight is still on me cause I didn't get to get it all off of my chest but I'm glad he forgives me and understands.

I think I'm starting to develop feelings for him again. I'm feeling more secure with who I am (which was a major problem before) and he seems nicer and more into me than before. It's so weird. But I think he has a boyfriend. He said he would text me tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it, more so than in the past.

I think I want to pursue a relationship with him again. I think I'm better prepared now like emotionally, before i was a wreck because i was insecure and coming out to my mom and that was madenning. But he's going to college 4 hours away. I don't know why I'm even acting like we'll date again because we probably won't, and why would he even want to try again when I flaked out on him?

I guess I just wanted to vent, well not really vent but get the things I have no one to talk to about off of my chest. I feel better. : )

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Glad you are feeling better by writing it all out, but I think it wouldn't be a good idea to try getting back with him. You did what you needed to do. You apologized and he accepted it. I think it would be perfectly alright if you would try to pursue a friendship but I wouldn't take it beyond that.

As you have mentioned, he might have a boyfriend, and there is a good chance that you won't get together in terms of a dating relationship again. Even though you might be developing feelings for him again, I would suggest that you try to leave it behind you. In some ways, you already have a closing chapter. Use the apology and his acceptance of it to turn the page.

If you look at it, you have learned a few things about yourself. Now that you are securer and more grounded perhaps, use that to build a new relationship with someone else.