1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

security.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by coolguy144, Jul 10, 2010.

1. coolguy144

I'm not really someone who depends on another person to be happy, but after dating someone for a while, I sorta got used to it. And especially coming out of a terrible relationship like I did, I've realized that I don't miss *him*, I just miss the security that I had. When I lay in bed at night and think about things, I don't miss him, I just miss things he did to me (that sounds so wrong lol). I just miss his hugs and his heartbeat and his warmth and his smell and his embrace, but not actually him as a person, if that makes any sense. He was not a very nice person, with absolutely no morals. I think I've came a long way. It doesn't seem like that probably, but I think it's pretty good that now I can think of him and not get depressed and cry about it. And the only things I miss about him are things I can get from other people. I know I can be held and cuddled and all that cheesy stuff with someone else. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely fine being single, and I'm back on my own two feet now...... but sometimes I just get lonely, that's all.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's good to recognize, but make sure you don't fall in trap of missing that stuff so much that you'll take any old guy to fill the void. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. coolguy144

Oh, I know what you mean. I know not to do that. I just miss actually dating someone and having little moments like that, you know? Things like that make me smile =]

4. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had one, very brief relationship with a guy who was ... well, still distant and mainly online like the other ones, but close enough to see me every so often and I too miss that feeling. (*hug*)

5. Mogget

I hear you. My ex was a pretty terrible person (at least to me. Half my angst is over the fact that it seems like he isn't a bad person towards anyone else--including his current bf and prior gfs), and I don't miss much him as a person, but I really miss how safe and cared for I felt when we were together. *sighs*

6. I know I you feel. Well kind of. Ive never been in a relationship with a guy, but I miss the feeling of holding someone and being held, hugged, kissed, and feeling like you mean something special to someone

7. george678

+1

And also like Lex said don't try and get any guy and don't try and rush into things. Just take your time to get to the know the next person and make sure there what you want.