1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OH MY GOSH Advice for my 1st officialy Boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Inhuman, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Inhuman

Ok so long story, but . .

about 3 weeks ago im walking along with my friend, and some random guy texts her saying how hot I am(he drove by in a car), and being my usual emotionally conservative self, I just brushed it off, but he texted me and I added him as a contact. Whatever no big deal.

about a week ago or less, I'm hanging with my other friend, who's friends with him, and he comes along and right away I could tell there's something different about this kid, right. I got super good vibes (and I don't get good vibes off many people.. come to think of it i rarely get any vibes at all). Like i could ell hes not a shallow loser or anything like that, like he has more important things on his mind than .. well sex and being a gay stereotype(which too many guys ive met are like, sorry)

so two days after that, him and my original friend, whom he texted about me some weeks ago, went to hang out in the evening, and by this point it was pretty out in the open to all 3 of us that me and him were slightly into each other, right? but we're both too passive to do anything about it.
    So the long and short of that day, our friend put a gun to my head and made em ask him out(I'm glad she did) and he said yes ! So we spent some of that day talking about interesting things and sharing our fav bands and stuff

two days after that he bussed all the way across town to hang out w/ me before my 4pm shift @ sobeys, and we took some great and supercute pictures with my other friend, and we held hands for the first time, and then we kinda cuddled a little too after. I also explained my weird idea of postponing my first boy-kiss-on-the-lips as muuuuuuuuuuuch as I can. I also gave him a wooden rose today which he loved a lot. After i left, he told my friend how he's really into the idea of saving the 1st kiss to make it special.

today and tomorrow I'm resting, painting, working at sobeys, and packing for my trip (one week long, I leave Wendsday morning) and then on Tuesday, the day before I go, we're hanging again.:thumbsup:

He's so sweet. Like realllyyyyyyyy adorable and everything. And like, it seems the things he wants from a relationship are the same things i want. More love less physical stuff.

uhmmmmmmmm yah, so idk why i made this post, i think i had some intended purpose originally, but i forget it now. I guess i just would like any advice on first time relationship experiences. Him and I have both dated only girls and never a guy (plus my girl-relationship was 3 weeks long and a year ago, his was 4 weeks long and 2.5 years ago)

So.. we have as much dating experience as a vegetarian has cutting meat. :roflmao: any good tips?

2. Moth

Be honest with each other. :slight_smile: Be yourself. Don't be shy about talking about important things, and standing up for your integrity if need be, though it seems you won't have a problem with that as you already made it clear you want to wait for your first kiss and make it special. I guess that's about all I have to say... honesty and communication are key. Congratulations, by the way! :grin:

3. BrettV

My gay experience is very limited, but, just enjoy yourself. You're very fortunate.

remember how much people change through the years (even from 16 to 18, 18 - 21, 21 - 25, 25 - 30, 30 - 40, etc) and just have (safe) fun with it.

Enjoy.

You're very fortunate.

4. Étoile

He was texting while driving? Tsk, tsk.

5. george678

:roflmao:

I would have one bit of advice...that would be take it easy.

6. haelmarie

DUMP HIS ASS. dump his ass

7. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! :grin: Enjoy him, be honest with him and have fun together! :grin:

Oh, one thing:

Figuratively, or ...? :S

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Three words of advice I have for you:

1. Be honest
    2. DON'T BE CLINGY, make sure to give him space when he needs it. This includes letting it go if you ask what's wrong and he won't tell you.
    and 3. Be yourself.

9. RaRa

He's a total keeper!

And I'm not being sarcastic. :grin:

What's wrong with texting while driving? :3 lol (I do it >_>)

10. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It increases the chance of an accident by 80-something per cent. Sadly, I forget the precise percentage. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. RaRa

I like to live dangerously. :wink:

12. Étoile

At the expense of others' lives.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This conversation amuses me....too bad the USA hasn't done what Ontario did which was probably the smartest thing ever. It's now ILLEGAL to use a cell phone whilst driving. Texting, Calling, or w/e. You can be charged anywhere from $115 to $500 if you use a phone whether stopped, at a traffic jam, or a red light. The hands-free is fine but if you have a cell in your hand in Ontario while driving and ur caught by cops, you're screwed :slight_smile: I just wish more places would do this in the states...seeing as how car accidents are so common these days...

14. just be honest and don't let anyone come between you two (*hug*)

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wanted to say sorry for talking about driving crap lol. That wasn't really on topic so sorry about that...

16. Étoile

In Georgia, it's illegal to text and drive now. Underage drivers can't use their cell phones at all. We're one of the only 3 states to have a law like this. I'm glad; driving is already dangerous.

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, let me first say: I"m totally jealious of you. finding an awsome BF in your teens.

As for advice:
    Enjoy the ride, you said you like being with him so enjoy it. Don't read into it enjoy the moment.

18. EWU2012

It is also illegal in Washington State now. I think the fine is around $115ish.

19. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Umm, 21 states and DC have made using a cell phone while driving illegal.

20. i need help

did you know that 67% of all statistics are made up..lolz