1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm frustrated

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Étoile, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Étoile

1. I really thought that my friend liked me. He broke up with his girlfriend yesterday and we hung out today. I can't differentiate between friendliness and flirtiness. He's simply friendly when I take it as flirty. The hug he gave me when he left didn't help any. I can't get it through my head that he's straight. It sucks knowing I'll never be able to date him.

2. My best friend has replaced his brain with the Bible. He's become a devout Christian like overnight. The friendship was already dying. He goes away to a college 4 hours away next month. I wanted the last weeks of our 6-year friendship to be wonderful but we hardly ever talk. It's getting difficult to relate to him when he's dick-riding Jesus.

2. george678

Well on point one I would say that we all have crushes on are straight friends me included.
    We just have to get over them and it can take awhile.

On point two has this friend become nasty to you like started saying things about homosexuality? If so then maybe you should tell him that you would rather him not to preach around you.

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

1. I don' know you're friend so I can't say that he's straight/gay/bi. However I always felt that unless someone tells you they are straight/gay/bi you should assume they are straight. It may sound pessimistic but assuming anything else in more cases then not just leads to heartache. I know how much it hurts to fall for straight guys, we've all been there. It hurts but you have to keep pressing on because you will find someone to care about who will return you're feelings.

2. I know this girl who I've known since I was pretty much a baby and she suddenly found god about a year ago. She was one of the funniest people I knew and now whenever anyone wants to do anything she just gives us dirty looks and you can tell she's thinking "That's blasphemous." I don't know if you're friend is that bad but it is really upsetting but I like to think that she is going to revert back to her old self in time when she realizes that she is acting ridiculously. I liked George's idea though, if your friend is annoying you just ask him to stop preaching to you.(*hug*)(*hug*)

4. Étoile

1. He said he's straight and mentioned girls several times. I thought, "Maybe he's bi." What confused me is that he has some feminine mannerism and for gay marriage. Most guys I know are either against or nonchalant on it. It'll take time to get over him, but it's doable.

2. He hasn't been preachy (only once but it was a debate we were having on Facebook) but he refusal to do stuff kinda annoys me. I feel that I have to edit what I say around him to not offend his religion.

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

At least he isn't preachy but still :frowning2:. I'm sorry about that but don't change yourself for him, just because he changed doesn't mean you have to be different around him, you should keep saying whatever you would have said before around him. Again though (*hug*) I know what you're going through and it sucks

6. starbucksshoote

Saying things like dick-riding Jesus might not be all that helpful either...

No, you shouldn't have to censor yourself around your friend, but then again, you might choose to be respectful, if you expect the same back from him.