1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression with psychotic features

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KnightAssassin, Jul 12, 2010.

1. KnightAssassin

So i keep thinking up plans to kill myself nearly daily now and the voices tell me to hurt myeslef too i am medicadted for it and am on the medication . It slowed down the voices just a pinch but now i am 10 times more depresed and feel hopeless at some times , well most times , when i go do inpatient therapy i try to kill myself because i get overloaded with alot of stress in there such as how will we pay for this , is mom ok , are the bills being paid and etcetera and i just cant handle it i want to end it all now to be honest but refuse to. My life is diffucult but i dont know what to do , my meds i think are making me more depressed [ citolapram and abilify ] . Just i am at a loss of things to do until i see my therapist and psychiatrist [ 16 days til i see them ] and i need help coping with this i ussaully cut or do something super painful like hit myself with nunchuks or a bamboo staff . any hints or tips with things i should do in meantime i really need help , although if i do feel really bad , or close to suicide i have called trevor or talked to someone or both i just want to say thanks in advance for all good comments

2. Mogget

Instead of cutting or hitting yourself, try holding an ice cube to your arm. It has a lot of the same benefits (pain, release, etc) and won't hurt you. Also, move your therapy appointments up if at all possible.

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Matt, I think it would be best if you went to your closest emergency room and told them exactly what you are telling us. While it may be scary to think about going, it will only make you feel better in the long run.

Good Luck.