1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanely depressed, just looking for support, that's all.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GoinStag, Jul 12, 2010.

1. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Hi everybody, it's me again bitching about life :frowning2: to be honest I'm just looking for some kind encouraging words, or maybe some advice on how to feel better.

Well today I'm just really, really, really depressed. I've been thinking about my fucking crush that I can't get over. I made a thread a while back dealing with my feelings for him. To sum it all up, he's the 3rd grade teacher in the elementary school that is connected to my high school. It's a small catholic school.

Well I've had a ridiculously huge crush on him since the 2008/2009 school year and I can't get over him. I've been thinking about him and it just bums me out. I can't get him out of my head. As I'm typing this I can feel a tingling feeling in my head and my eyes are watering. This isn't like any other crush I've ever had. I never thought I'd have a crush on someone like him. He's only 24, I usually am more attracted to men in their 30's or early 40's and He's 5'9" (he said so), my ideal guy is like 6 ft. I can't explain how I feel. I know we aren't in love with each other, but I almost feel like I love him. He is such a kind hearted person. He has talked to me before, and even offered me a ride home. If you want the list of shit just read my 1st thread, I don't wanna type it all.

Bottom line is he is a teacher at my school. I can't escape it. My principle has become principle of the elementary AND high school so he's bringing the 2 schools together for things (I don't agree with it). Worst part is he's friends with my spanish teacher so he is always coming into the classroom when we have class to talk to her. My school has no discipline and the principle doesn't do shit about it, so I'm stuck seeing him.

To be honest I almost hate him. I can't tell you how many times I have told my Mom I'm not going to school. I'd come off as an asshole, but it's really because I didn't want to see him. I have missed so much school trying to avoid him, because it just breaks my heart when I see him.

Between the time he winked at me during field day & the time when he came into the office during my after school detention to talk to me and he was leaning in smiling and looking me in the eye, I can't tell if he was flirting (I know it sounds stupid) or if he knows I like him and is just fucking with my head. Either way my heart is hurting so badly right now. It's the summer. I'm not even in school. Why is he still on my mind?

If I could get some support that would be great. Maybe some advice on how I could combat these feelings? I'll take anything.

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you need to take a big risk here and actually talk to the guy. I mean if you've got this huge crush on him and it's getting in the way of your education, you should do something about it. If you don't like him coming into your spanish class room because it makes you feel weird, I think you might just need to bite the bullet and tell him how you feel and then politely ask him to not come in the class room when your class is there. He is a teacher and, though he's young, he should be prepared for students to say things that are a little awkward for him. He isnt YOUR teacher and technically doesnt even teach at your school, but you are 16 and he needs to back off because from what I remember from other threads and this one, he seems to be wherever you are in school.

This is a personal issue really, and though your school should be able to help you with it, it might be helpful for you to speak to the teacher directly about how you feel and just ask him nicely to stay away for a while.

3. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I've been getting bad grades since I started school in 4th grade so I had bad grades either way. He isn't like a predator, he just seems like he cares. One time he came into my science class to "borrow a microscope" and was kinda loud and someone was like "dude I'm testing". Then another time he came into my spanish class while we were testing and popped a balloon and the spanish teacher (she's his friend) flipped lol

Me and my friend who is also annoyed with him coming into our class (probably just 'cause it's interruption) decided on the last day if he came into our spanish class to be like "check out this motherfucker" loud enough for him to hear. We went through with it. You probably don't believe me but you'd be surprised at what goes on in that school. There's no way he couldn't have heard us say it but he didn't say anything to us.

Now I'm at the point were I would rather he dislike me. It's ridiculous I can't stop thinking about him. I remember on one of the last days of school, when I walked past him he said "what's up Gabe". I know it's nothing but I didn't even know he knew my name. I felt kinda happy.

Is there anything else I could do? I tried looking at him as just some hot guy, but I couldn't. He's too nice to be "just a hot guy". Do you or anyone else have any advice to help me just get over him???

4. RedState

I know dealing with heartache is tough...but something you may want to consider, which makes things a little more complicated. It says you are 16 and he's 24...depending on what the laws are in your state so you may be of age, but I don't think the school you go to would look too favorable on teacher having a "personal" involvement with a student. In other words, if he or you pursued anything it could get this guy in hot water if were ever discovered.

I know it's easier said than done, but I think you need to come to terms that nothing can really come of this...and it's hard letting go of emotions, trust me I know.

I wish I had more comforting words to say, but that's just how I see it.

5. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I wouldn't pursue it either way. That's why I'm so depressed. There's no way anything can happen but I still have these feelings. Honestly though, if you look at my other thread, you'll see there's a lot of stuff that seems a lot like flirting. He introduced himself to me by his first name too. Idk this coming school year is gonna be another rough one :frowning2:

Thank you for your advice tho. It's better to tell me the truth that hurts than to feed me some bullshit that'll make me feel better.

Any advice is appreciated :slight_smile:

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about changing schools? Ordinarily, I'd say "it's a crush, deal with it and move on" but it seems that isn't a very practical solution for you.

I disagree with Taylor about talking to him. He should not have to not talk to another teacher because you have a crush on him; that's ridiculous. This is an issue that you have, and while it's reasonable for you to ask for help with it from a guidance counselor or someone, it's not reasonable to ask someone else to change their behavior.

As people have already said in the other thread, it's likely that he is just being nice to you and maybe recognizes that you've had some bad days. I wouldn't read any more into it than that.

Also, if you normally find yourself attracted to 30 and 40 year olds, that is really REALLY unhealthy for you, and you need to get some help with that; you are likely projecting a desire for a father figure onto these people, and if you follow through with that, you will end up in unhealthy codependent relationships which will really limit your emotional growth and your ability to develop independence. It's a lot easier to work on this now than when you're 19 or 20 or 25, and I think you'll be a lot happier with the relationships you have if you do put some energy into that.

7. starbucksshoote

I agree with Chip - it would be inappropriate to ask him to modify his behaviour because you have a crush on him (crush might be too soft a word - you seem to have more than that).

I went through a period like this - the only thing I found helped was distance. Loved my straight roommate, he didn't love me back (shocking I know), he moved out, I felt like crap for several months, and then it started to get better.

Space, distance, getting occupied by other things.

However, this isn't just a problem about being in love with someone, your education is suffering too.

You're going to have to grit your teeth, go to school, get it done, and graduate.

No, it won't be pleasant a lot of the time, and seeing him will make you feel sad/angry/depressed - but if you screw up school, you'll have much bigger problems to worry about.

Sorry if that last part sounds hard-hearted, but getting through school is job one - your most important priority.

8. coolguy144

Maybe you should come out to him? If you're not already out. That could open doors to a lot of things, seriously. He could even tell you that maybe he knows what you mean. It's worth a shot. *shrugs* I hope things get better, =]. My first love was with a straight guy, and it seriously made me a different person. My advice is to come out to him first.

9. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

How is finding 30 or 40 year olds hot unhealthy? I don't think I should get help for that. I don't desire a father figure, I have a Dad. I don't want to fuck someone who I think of in a fatherly way. THEN I would need help. And a 30 year old isn't a "father figure", it's a man who is 14 fucking years older then me dude. If I am crushing on a 29 year old, should all those feelings disappear on his 30th birthday? I think you should think before you say things like that. So fucking what if I find a 40 year old hot. I'd rather like 40 year olds than cruise for younger guys looking for meaningless bullshit. I like maturity, which a lot of people around my age don't seem to have. Some do, but not a lot.

I also have no problem with independence. I haven't had anyone buy me clothes since I was 12 years old and I've been neglected, not raised, by alcoholics and home wreckers. I appreciate your opinion but in the long run, if I'm 60 and my boyfriend is 80, we're both going to be looked at as a couple of old saggy fucks.

I never asked anyone to change their behavior either. I haven't acted on anything. I think you misunderstood what I was saying and just made snap judgments. You shouldn't judge a person's entire life/future on 2 threads.

10. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I'm not trying to sound like an ass but when did I say I was gonna ask him to modify his behavior?

11. RedState

Well, it's good to know that you are not planning to pursue anything with this...because nothing good would come of it. If this dude really is flirting with you, then it is extremely inappropriate on his part.

As far as the next school year, maybe this guy will be old news by then. Easier said than done I know.

Listen, I fully understand that emotions are not something you can not just turn on and off like a faucet. It's been months since my ex left my life, and I am still in the process of letting go--jeez for the first month I was unable to function, like a zombie. But day by day it gets a little better. Like I've said many times before, time doesn't necessarily heal the wounds...but it makes them a little more tolerable.

Hang in there.

12. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

omg thank you. I can't just turn my emotions on and off. I do also realize that the age difference in, ratio, would be the equivalent of me dating a 12 and a half year old or something and I ca't imagine that lol. Thank you for the support.

13. starbucksshoote

You didn't. Someone else suggested it as an option - I disagreed with that suggestion.