1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out fears - Judging past actions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blankpaper, Jul 12, 2010.

1. blankpaper

I really want to talk to some of my friends about how I've been feeling lately but the thing is, before (as in pre-coming out) I was very invasive (?) I guess you could call it that of my other friends space. I HAVE NO FEELINGS FOR THEM! I am just a goof ball and like to keep things funny/interesting. I am worried that if I come out and tell them they will judge my past actions as me trying to come on to them or something, which is definitely not the case. Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? I know that friends are different but I'm really panicked that people will judge my past and that i'll have a different relationship with them in the future. I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable... i don't know...... Anyone experience this before?

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I experienced that before... It was sort of like that with my roommates, but to be honest, if they know you, they'll probably understand.

Most of them wont even think about it. Most straight people know that they're straight and they understand that they have the power to not give in to advances of others. No one will think, oh gross, that guy was totally hitting on me a while ago! If anything, they'll think back and think, well I guess that's a compliment, right?

3. blankpaper

Thats a relief. I think I'm going to send a letter to my close friend before I go on vacation, I feel ready now and I think she is going to accept me. I'm so nervous!!!!

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't sweat it too much. Some people might look at past behavior and wonder what/if any of it meant in a sort of idle way, but I doubt they'll cast any serious judgments.

Lex