1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:@ not too happy right now :#

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Today we went to pick up my moms friend from the airport. All was going well until he and her started talking about church and such, as he is a highly religious person. He proceeded to go on for a good 10 minutes about how homosexuality is a sin, blah blah blah. All I wanted to do was vomit and throw his bible thumping ass out of my fucking car. I didn't say anything because I don't want to cause confrontation or an uncomfortable 2 weeks. But my mom (who I'm out to) AGREED WITH HIM!!!!!

I am so upset right now and I don't know what to do. :***:

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Maybe she just agreed with him to avoid a very dangerous religious debate?

Ask her.

3. I will do that. Should I just ignore him if he goes off about things like that again?

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    agreed best thing to do and talk to Mommy dearest and ask why she just went along with it know your gay.

I think you were right not to start some big debate. you can't fix stupid

5. Well I talked to my mom and all she would say is that she hasn't and won't tell him. Which I can deal with. I just didn't wanna start an argument by dropping the "excuse me, but I'm gay and you're an ignorant prick" line that I wanted to drop

6. padre411

I'm so sorry, Victor. It still boggles my mind why religious assholes are so preoccupied with sex. I'm sure it is Freudian - as in repressed desire. Maybe telling him that would be helpful?

I'm also sad about your mom. I'm still dealing at 47 with the fact that my dad chose his 2nd wife over his children.

Peace, Mike

7. Thanks. I'm glad you're feeling better:slight_smile: I've thought about telling me but he's so intense and in your face about things that it makes me sick. I don't want the bullshit associated with such. But he's gonna be here for two weeks. I'm afraid it will "come out" at some point.

8. amess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would ask your mom, maybe she didn't realize it would hurt your feelings for her jsut to agree. She probably didn't mean it, and just didn't want him to know about anything so you wouldn't have to worry about him trying to bombard you with things. I would ask. She loves you, you're her son after all.

9. olides84

Hmmm, I would be disappointed if my mom sold me out like that. Maybe not in the car, but I'd hope that she'd say something later. I guess I want a mom like what's-her-name on queer as folk :wink: Has she told you not to say anything? You don't have to come out, but surely you could disagree with him. Is he a guest in your house? If so, yeah you don't want to cause an uncomfortable two weeks, but it looks like you are uncomfortable already! (*hug*)

10. She didn't tell me not to come out to him. But I am uncomfortable and I don't want it to be the elephant in the room. Of course I think there's issues in that I'm not comfortable talking to my mom about being gay even though she knows

11. george678

I would be disappointed...I would tell him though.

12. He hasn't said anything further - but I'm not sure if I should bring it up or just ignore it...

13. Walolas

I would ignore him and mock him behind his back. If he brings it back up tell him to stop cause you have good friends that are gay and that you don't want to hear from some random religious nut that they are evil, but maybe in a nicer way. You don't need to come out to him to tell him you don't agree with his views and that you would like him not to continue with them at least when you're around.

Otherwise just try to ignore him for the time he's there if you don't like being near him and eventually he will be gone.