1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Romantic Evening?? Who Knew?!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chrisg, Jul 14, 2010.

1. chrisg

I went to a convention last week and got to spend a lot of time with someone who is attending the same college as I am in the fall. We'll call him Q. Q and I met once before, when I went up to visit the school and do a couple of job interviews, and we got along great; we also got along great at the convention. I think he's just the best--nice, funny, talented, and interesting, not to mention gorgeous--and we have a lot of things in common, interests that not many people have in common.

On the last day of the convention, Q and I got dinner together, and it was just wonderful. We ate outside at a really lovely Italian place, shared a bottle of red wine, and had a nice conversation (in fact, I nearly forgot about the train I had to catch!). When the dinner was over and I had to go, he and I said our good-byes and shared what I would describe as a lingering embrace--hugging, hand-holding, kissing (a bit), looking into each other's eyes. I couldn't stop smiling the whole night!

Of course, there's one minor catch, which I knew from the very beginning and which makes everything very difficult for me to understand: Q has a boyfriend. A really attractive boyfriend, to whom he is (as far as I can tell) devoted and loyal. I'm having a hard time dealing with my feelings for Q when I know that he has a boyfriend. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

2. Spectre

^^^ Sorry, that does not compute. ^^^

Either he breaks it off with his boyfriend and goes for you (and then you'll be the one who has to deal with his "loyalty"), you become some dirty secret and an accessory to cheating, or you run away. I recommend the last one.

3. chrisg

Well, that's the thing--I'm not sure how serious he was about, y'know, dinner and such. I'm probably more into him than he is into me... But I don't know how to tell for sure. Did I mention we've made out (not just kissed) after a few drinks? This was when I visited school.

4. Spectre

Okay, I'll try to make this as direct as possible:

He has a boyfriend.
    He made out with you while he has a boyfriend.

In what ways could this end well?

5. theJosephDean

This. None at all, from what I can see. If he's that quick to be all over someone else while he has a boyfriend, what makes you think he doesn't have other side-pieces that he's trying things with? Seriously, dude, for your own sake - don't pursue this.

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

He could be in an open relationship. However dont get your hopes too high for you both as he has an boyfriend. As long as he has an boyfriend that barrier will be in place.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah boyfriends...tend to cause problems if you allow yourself into these things. My 'friend' cheated on his bf with me and then told me he had a bf after. That made me fuming of course. And now he's taken me off facebook (good riddance) because his boyfriend found out. And I bet anything, I'm the "enemy" now, when it was his fault.

8. george678

Yeah I agree.

Well personally, I think you should talk to him about things before you pursue it even further.
    You may regret doing something.:thumbsup: