1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperate For Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alex0791, Sep 14, 2007.

1. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since im not out where I live to anybody, I need advice. There is a really cute gay in my 2nd period and his name is Steven. He is super hott and a really great personality. Now, idk if he's gay or bi or what! I need advice on how to go up to hima nd approach him to at least get his number. Now the trick is to do that without OUTING my self to him and him turning out to not be gay or bi and HE OUTS ME to the school.... ANY ADVICE???

2. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

Is there some common ground you could use to just start a conversation? You write that he is in your 2nd period. Maybe start a conversation about that class and go from there. See if you can have lunch or stop somewhere after school for a coke or something.

Just a couple of ideas

3. paul7836

Try and get to know him. Start up a conversation. Tell him something like "We should hang some time." or something. Then he'll have to give you his number or you can give him yours or something.

4. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol, I like Paul's idea since he doesnt have the same lunch I do. He says hi to me almost everytime he sees me in the hallway... Hehe.

5. Bryan

Get to know him, and hang out a little first. Then if it feels right, maybe you can talk to him.

6. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, easier said then done. We only have THAT class together and i dont see him the rest of the day and we cant really talk in there cuz were working most of the time since its a Pre AP class and also cuz alot of ppl are in that class and i dont want them to hear our conversations... lol

7. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I have the same situation as you! I have this cute guy who sits like right by me in 2nd period (Geometry honors) hes a sophomore and I am a freshman :frowning2: But unlike you, he doesn't say hi to me. But I really like him but am too shy to get to know him. Well, theres not much advice I can give you, since I haven't overcome my situation, and we usually work in that class too so.. yea... no time :frowning2: Even if we had time... I'd be too shy.

But if he says hi to you and your pretty sure he is gay maybe he likes you. As for how to know if he is gay, I honestly don't know. There might be some stereotypes you can go by but you'll never know for sure >< Unless you ask him or become friends with him and come out to him... if he seems trustworthy. Or see if he is homophobic.... But, thats about all I can think of from my experience reading the advice and stuff :3 Goodluck!

8. justjoshoh

Well you have to (oh wait based on my experience... should) study for every class. What about asking him to study the course material with you? That is a no-harm, no-foul proposition.

9. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd probably suggest the same thing as justjosh, & see if he thinks it's a good idea to study for lessons? Or....maybe you could approach him if you don't understand (or pretend to not understand :icon_wink ) something.... That way you can spend a bit more time with him & try to pick up any vibes that way.

10. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    to bvtsjm116, I wish you luck. maybe he doesnt say anuthing cuz hes just as shy.... Oh btw, ima try to pretend not to understand the material... thats good..

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basically you can't really figure anything out unless you're willing to at least come out to him. Think about it: do you really think if he IS gay but not open about it he's just going to randomly come out to you? The odds against that are pretty astronomical.

Basically, no risk, no reward. No pain, no gain. And all the other clever ways of pointing out that particular universal truth.