1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating and things

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Jul 18, 2010.

1. I've recently been looking on some dating websites, seeing if anyone is out there who I have an interest in who is mutuallly interested in me. And as you know, I struggle with a weight issue, I'm taking steps to get healthy, but it's a long process. The problem I'm running into is nobody wants to even talk to someone who is overweight, it seems. What do i do/

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Try not to sell yourself short. :slight_smile:

If someone doesn't want to talk to you because of being overweight or he has a problem with your weight, this guy isn't worth your time. There is a lot more to you than just your weight. What really counts are the qualities that you have and being able to just talk and get to know the other person.

If someone is really interested in getting to know you, your weight will not be a factor in making a date happen.

As for dating website, I just would be a bit careful with them because people at times will bend the reality or make up a couple of things to sounds more appealing to others. That said, if you do find someone chat with him online first for a few weeks to start getting to know him.

3. BrettV

any local lgbt groups in your area?

4. jonny

saw your pic. honestly your not that overweight. your actually really cute. then again i do like my men a little chunky. while it is true you could probably lose a little weight(see all the maybes), its not that big an issue. your actually really fortunate because when you do find someone they will love you for you not just what you look like. don't put urself down buddy, be comfortable to be who you are and the rest will follow. did i mention i think your really cute!!!!

5. Thanks guys. I don't look that overweight in that picture but I am. Thanks for the compliment Jonny:wink: Too bad you're in Florida. There is a PFLAG Chapter here but I have yet to get involved. I am careful on dating websites, and I would never rush into anything, but I'm ready to get out there and start dating people.

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

Anyway dont let it get to you that you think guys wont be interested in you because you are overweight. Anyway alot of those websites are meat markets where the biggest emphasis is sex and that is offputting for me.

Anyway I have dated an overweight guy and he was an great person. I even had an crush on him yet things did not develop as he was keen on someone else.

#6 dude99, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
  7. But how can I find guys who it doesn't matter to?