1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm coming out to my friend on wedsenday

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blueeyedcutie, Jul 19, 2010.

1. blueeyedcutie

I want to tell her badly and give her time to process it. I need to start telling people and I want her to know. Any suggestions on how to broach the topic of me being bisexual?

2. Walolas

When I came out to my best friend, at one point I just blurted out a question that if he said yes too would lead me to telling him and if he said no I wouldn't of told him. For me I was willing to tell him but I needed to slightly back myself into a corner to finally spit it out and not chicken out like the times I had before. Probably not the best advise but that's how I did it the first time.

3. blueeyedcutie

I couldn't do it today because it just didn't feel like the right time. I want to make sure I'm preparing her well enough so its not a complete shock. And it was difficult, I had to have dinner with her family and I just didn't want to drop a bomb before dinner or after dinner...it would have been way too awkward.

4. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she's your true friend, she would understand that you are who you are. A true friend would not be "shocked" for who you are and what/who you like.

Do something you both like to do and gradually bring up the conversation about LGBT issues. When you feel like she's being supportive of the LGBT issues and whatnot, then just slide it on the table. Tell her that you are (I'm looking at your orientation and it says bisexual) bisexual. I'm sure she would be supportive and not see you in a different light. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

5. Prccgeek

I agree with Walolas. I used to always back myself in by saying I have something important I need to tell you...and then after that, even if I wanted to back out, my friend would make me tell. Th e only problem is using that on your parents, or at least it was with mine, b/c she freaked out thinking I was pregnant or on drugs or sick or something...but with everyone else I found it to work well.

6. Connor22

ok then good for you, now if you feel like chickening out remember that title, like how assertive it feels keep saying it over in your head and use it to become assertive

You can do it we're all behind you!

7. Techcompu2

Good luck!

I have been trying to tell two of my best friends for the past month and a half. I keep having a small voice in my head tell me that one of them won't be very accepting, and seeing as I still have a bit of a crush on him, I feel like I wouldn't be able to handle it if he wasn't accepting. Also when I feel like they will both be accepting, I feel it is not the right time, because I was wanting to tell them when i was alone with them, not when five of their other friends are also with us.

8. blueeyedcutie

After dinner, we went and had pie with her friends. One of her friends and I started to talk about the local gay club. I also brought up a few LGBT movies with him and it was good to see that she is friends with a gay guy. I think I can do it but its something that should happen in person and we live 2 hours away so hopefully we get together soon.