1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this indicate I am better than average?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TonyR, Jul 19, 2010.

1. TonyR

TonyR Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I don't really have an idea how attractive I am, and I can't post a picture on here either. Still would these type of comments indicate I am okay-looking?

"He's so cute" by an old woman, but I don't think she meant looks but more of a personality.
    "You're good looking", by an old man. Then an old lady I was with would say, "He's too young for that". I was actually thinking he didn't meant in that way.
    "You look younger than your age, you're lucky".
    Then another old woman said, "You're a good looking guy".
    Another was said this, "blah blah dear, oh sorry I usually used that for girls, you don't mind".
    Then I was called beautiful once, but that was a couple years ago.

Still, what makes me think I am ugly is that I am overweight as of now. And I am pretty sure most young women think I am not attractive, and I don't go by gay guys standards because I don't interact with them. It's just mostly old people, pass 60.

Then this one guy was like smiling and really nervous when I spoke to him, but I don't know if he was nervous because of me or it's just him. At the time, I thought he was nervous like a guy would be to a hot girl, it could be all in my mind but he was stumbling over words and shaking while smiling.

But I never was called handsome or hot. Just cute for some reason, so maybe I should aim for the "cute" look I guess, which I think is the stereotypical twink look in my mind even though as of now I am not even trying to look hot.

But in my life as I am getting older, I am being treated younger or more immature for some reason. Before I would be called a man, and now it's usually boy.

#1 TonyR, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. Walolas

Not sure how you can judge your appearance on comments alone that don't really say anything about how you look but "cute" but I would have to say your... cute? Also a little weight never hurt anyone, its how you act with the weight and how you feel with it that is important. I should know, I'm overweight but ya I don't like it most of the time as well.

3. VentinIntrovert

I guess your lucky to get those wonderful comments. I think that everyone's got different attractions. I've never found myself to be attractive, but this one time this really old guy (my father's age) started staring at me for the longest time. It was at a gay bar and he made it obvious too. It was kinda creepy, but I guess he found me attractive (yay). Looks are over-rated anyways, when you find someone you love their personality is way more attractive than their looks.

4. TonyR

TonyR Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I was obese a long time ago, 220 lbs, and now I am bouncing around 185-190. At that time I was disgusting looking with acne, and I just look like a monster from hell. My face was always bleeding, and I look like I was going to blow up. And I had a mustache.

5. Walolas

Well I'm sitting at around 250 lbs myself, have a beard that doesn't want to fully grow in yet so I got this bare patch right beneath my chin, this one spot on my head likes to stay in a giant patch of a cowlick, and I got moobs (man boobs). However that is just the physical features that are typically called unattractive. I am around 5 11 and I got short black hair and nice brown eyes. When I smile you can clearly see my dimples and my "more chins than a chinese phone book" neck has actually tightend itself recently so my face isn't as chubby. With the typical clothes I wear nowadays I appear like a decent looking guy with a slight weight problem. Maybe you should focus more on the positive parts of your appearance and not the negative.

6. TonyR

TonyR Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I like myself, but I want a better version of myself. It's not the face itself, or the body shape, or the features. It's the weight and the scars (stretch marks/acne marks). Besides that I like myself, but I am not sure if everyone else does.

I look decent, average, in my mind. But I want to be hot, like the kind you stare at everyday. Well I guess I should lose weight before I expect that.

7. Walolas

There you go. You figured it out on our own! Now take the motivation and do something with it! Get into the hottest shape you can and start beating the boys off with a stick, what stick though I will leave to your judgement :icon_wink

8. paco

paco Guest

i always thought i was really ugly all throughout high school, i stayed far away from the gay guys and girls didn't seem to like me either. i was probably one of the most unremarkable people at my school actually.

and at the risk of sounding full of myself, now it seems like a lot of girls have/had "gay crushes" on me and i'm actually hoping to start doing a bit of modeling to make some cash, but i'm still single as ever and there doesnt seem to be much i can do about that right now even if i were the hottest guy on the planet.

i guess what i'm saying is looks aren't really all they're cracked up to be. and since i became "good looking" i've expected that to carry me right into a relationship where we'll fall in love and live happily ever after. doesn't work like that. people see beauty but people date confidence and initiative, if you're gonna work on anything, that should be it. work on being in shape so as to be healthy.