1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out to extended family??? advice please!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xander391, Jul 22, 2010.

1. xander391

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok. sorry it's been awhile since i posted but i need some advice onlt ECers could give :slight_smile:

soim out to my parents and brtoher and itss all good. everyone excepts me and loves me but im not out to my aunt and her family. normally it wouldnt be such an issue to be out to extended family like this, but in her case it's different. my aunt D is like a second mother to me, more like a better mom than mine but thts harsh, shes also a friend. but the thought of telling her im gay scares me soo much but idk why. shes alwasy been there for me . i practically lived at her house in the summer she even bought me my first barbie. lol i know she'd accept me no matteer what but im petrifide at just the thought of saying something to her. she has tewo daughter both older than me ones 24 and the other is 30 and they're like my sisters. im closer to E but she always bugs me about the "girlfriends" i have and i think she just wouldnt understand shes very backwoods PA. and J i've dropped heavy hints too, like obv and i thinks shes gotten the gist we watched rocky horror picture show together and she told me about her lesbian roomate in college wwho took her to see it. fun but i dont think she will say anything for me to my aunt and cousin not that she should. im just stuck here and i would really aprecatie some support. thank everyone for reading and sorry its kinda long :smilewave

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, since you're out to the rest of your family, why not bring them on board? I'm not sure if your aunt is a sister to your mother or father, but whichever it is, talk to that parent about it. Say you're wanting to come out to Aunt D, but you're nervous about how she'll take the news, and ask if they might have some pointers on how to make it a smooth one.

Lex