1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to find someone..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by koolman957, Jul 25, 2010.

1. koolman957

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to know how i can find a gay/bisexual guy. I live in framingham, and i want to get into a relationship with a guy. I know it sounds strange that i'm asking for anyone, but i think its better to look then just sit. I'm going into 8th grade. My profile will tell the rest. If anyone is/knows anyone who would fit this area, please comment.
    ALSO::: I'm new here any im looking for Friends so if anyone could friend request me or anything that would be nice too.

2. Walolas

First off welcome to EC! Second off I think there are rules about meeting people through this site but I'm not sure lol.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't look for him. He'll find you. Plain and simple.

4. Walolas

And this is the usual answer you would get from the people here about finding someone lol.

5. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're only 13, so finding a gay or bi guy your age is going to be extremely difficult. Most gay/bi guys your age just arent ready to come out. I know it seems like it sucks because there are probably other people in relationships around you but ill tell you now, those aren't really real relationships. Kids at your age "date" but it wont last and usually ends up being nothing. I wouldnt stress about dating at such a young age. wait till you're 16ish and guys will start coming out and probably be looking too.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, welcome to EC!

Well, it's a bit of a cliché. But clichés exist because a lot of the time they hold some truth.
    When you're desperately looking for a relationship, a lot of the time, you end up being too clingy, or you overanalyse, or you start panicking... all detrimental to your odds of getting a relationship. But if you're secure in your life, and willing to meet guys on an equal footing (and not just as potential relationship material), then the odds of something developing are bigger .

The other part, of course, is putting yourself out there as bi/gay and available. One part of this is being out. If people don't know you're into guys, then guys probably won't risk making a move.
    And there's also stacking the odds in your favour by meeting more gay/bi people. Check if your school has a GSA or similar organisation. Check if there's any gay youth groups in the vicinity that you can join. If there are, move past your nervousness and join up!

Oh, and just a friendly pointer to the red text up there. While we can give support and advice, and become online friends, we're not a dating website, and for security reasons it's not permitted to give out personal info on the forums (though full members can through PM).
    That said, if you see anyone you feel might be good talking to, just message them on their walls or send them a friend request, and I'm sure you'll have riends in no time!