1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To inspire, and be inspired

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Jul 28, 2010.

1. I've been feeling lately like I'm on the verge of a huge breakthrough in my life. Like I'm finally going to get in control of myself & my problems. I've just been feeling really inspired as of late and I can't explain it, I don't know how. And I think I figured it out, my passion in life. I want to inspire people, to spur them on to success. I don't know how to do that. But I feel almost like it's my purpose, like I'm supposed to take care of people, and lift them up and inspire them and just help those who need help.

But I can't figure out just how to do that. And i'm at a loss for continuing any further...

I hope this made sense, by the way, if not, tell me what you need clarified and i'll do my best

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there!

I think it is really great that you are feeling inspired lately and that you feel that you can take control and be in charge of your life. :thumbsup:

The first thing that came to my mind when I read this part was, have you ever thought about becoming a teacher? If you think about it, one of the jobs of a teacher (at least the way I see it) is to inspire students, help them to succeed and help them to reach their goals. Becoming a teacher could be part of the answer.

But here is another thing to consider. Volunteer work can achieve that too. Are there any organizations in your community that for example provide outreach say for disadvantaged youths, or provide a service to the community with the aim of making the community a better place?

Hope that this helps a bit and is what you were looking for.

3. I am actually going to college to become a teacher - but I feel like there is more to it than that, even...

And I'm not aware of any organizations here for that sort of thing. At least not that I could be openly gay while being involved...

4. george678

Yeah^ :frowning2:

Being a teacher will be great you will be making people happy all the time.

5. Cameron17

Glad your feeling like this, I hope the breakthrough comes soon for you !! :slight_smile:

And while I was reading, I though also about teaching and volunteer work, but maybe you could do some creative writing aswell? I find that i'm often inspired by good pieces of writing.

6. RedState

If you figure it out, tell me how.

7. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    Volunteering(there are a ton of ways you can help people and inspire them by doing this), writing music/prose with some sort of message, etc.

8. I personally am very influenced and inspired by the music I surround myself with & I wish I could pick that up and learn to inspire others that way, as well as with teaching and anything else. I'll just stick with pushing towards becoming a teacher and see where it goes