1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quote that left a large impact on me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by titaniumCloset, Jul 28, 2010.

1. titaniumCloset

I was reading a police officer blog today and read this:

Admiral William Halsey said, "All problems become smaller if you don't dodge them, but confront them. A momentary pain can end years of lasting regret."

I was reading it and just froze when I read, "A momentary pain can end years of lasting regret". I feel even though the quote is not in the context of coming out, and actually quite the opposite, it still describes it perfectly. All of us are here because at some point in our lives we need or needed help in coming out. It's a very painful process at times and our lives leading up to coming out are usually filled with tons of confusion, pain and depression as we come to the realization of who we are and how we will handle it. We put off coming out as we feel it will hurt even more than holding it in. However, one day, someday, we will all come out. Why continue to harbor the pain inside of yourself every day? Why hide your feelings of love for so long? Take all of that pain and hurt that you feel and turn it around and use it to motivate yourself. "Pain is weakness leaving the body". Come out and be happy, it has to happen one day or another, might as well not harbor the hate any longer. Coming out will be the momentary pain - tears, nervousness, fear and maybe even hopelessness will fill your body. That pain and all of the pain you've felt is expelled from your body. The crushing weight is lifted from your shoulders. The years of lasting regret have been stopped early. You're free to restart your life and pursue happiness at last. :kiss:

2. Gambit

I really liked the qoute and the reflexion you made. It is very inspiring. Hopefully one day i'll gather enough courage to come out

3. Iniquity

Thanks for the enlightening words. What you say is true in many, many regards.

4. george678

I love this quote thanks for posting it!
    I love the thoughts you had too!

5. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is a powerful quote. Thanks for posting!
    Your refection really got to me, too. :slight_smile:

6. Cameron17

Good words, and it can be applied to quite alot in life but I see the relevance in coming out aswell.
    I just wrote how good words can inspire me in another post and here are some that did :slight_smile:

7. Neo1979

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Another good quote that I am trying to use at the moment is:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

I think it is quite applicable to being gay when you think about it.
    Peace
    Dean
    x