1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgiveness & Acceptance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Jul 29, 2010.

1. So do you remember the girl I told you about? The one who threw the Bible at me when I came out to her. I have been holding that in for a long time, and today, I forgive her. I also have come to accept that not everyone will be okay or comfortable with me after they learn I am gay. I sent her a text message apologizing for the hurtful things I said to her, and that I forgive her for the hurtful things she said to me. If/when she replies, I'll let you know.

2. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's good that you're able to forgive someone in that manner. If I was in your situation, would have said "Screw her" and move on with my life. Hopefully she comes around as well. :slight_smile:

3. Walolas

Here is hoping you get a positive reply soon =)

4. "I don't feel like I said anything hatefu to you but I apologize that it hurt you."

I don't know whether to be glad she replied, or pissed over what she said.
    She told me to have a nice time in hell, while I enjoyed AIDS!

5. Walolas

Ok forget her, you tried to patch things up and she is obviously not interested in being friends anymore (if you were to being with) so just leave her alone and move on.

Sorry that she doesn't even realize how she hurt you. Maybe one day she will see the error of her ways and can try to apologize. Then you can tell her its too late and she lost her chance at such a good friend =)

6. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is basically the response I was expecting. :\ Unfortunately, those with strong religious convictions don't usually come around so quickly. Hopefully she realizes eventually how wrong she was.

7. Forget her. I'm done.

The rest of the conversation

her
    me

Can we just move past it and be friends?

I would love to be friends with you but I can't as long as you believe you are gay. I stand up for god and what's right even though I don't judge or condemn you. I cant associate with those kinds of spirits

I'm not going down this road again After you told me to have fun in hell, I went down a dark, destructive road and I hated you for it. I forgive you. I'm not giving you any more power over me. I'm sorry that I mislead you and lied to you. But if you can't stand the fact that I'm gay, it's probably better that we aren't friends. Because I have friends and family who still love me and I know what I believe and you have no possible way of knowing whether or not I'm going to hell. But if I do, at least I'll be with my friends and family who love and accept me for who I am, rather than with hateful bigots who spew violent things into the world because of things they can't control. Have a nice life, I hope your daughter grows up to be a little more accepting than you. Goodbye

You're the one who contacted me. I believe and stand up for truth in God's word and I spoke nothing but truth and out of love for you. I care about what happens to your soul. I'm sorry you're letting the enemy lie to you.

I refuse to continue this conversation any further. Have fun in your bubble. At least until it pops.

I'm so fucking pissed off now.
    :***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***::***:

8. BrettV

(sigh)

wow. I'd be really pissed off, too.

Time to forget her and move on.

9. Walolas

Block her number and never chat with her unless she appears to be trying to apologize.

10. No, even if she decides to apologize, I'm DONE. :***: her. I will not bring around people who try to bring me down like they get paid for it. End of story. She's in the same mindset as the guy at a NOM rally that suggested they hang gay people. It's dangerous, vile bullshit like that, that will tear this country apart. And gay people will unite it (just kidding, but still its funny that the Christian right is being dangerous and violent and the LGBT community is peaceful)

11. It seems unfortunate that some people are close minded like that.

12. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm terribly sorry for your loss of a friend. It can be hard losing a friend because of how ignorant they could be. If you feel it's best not to talk to her again (I wouldn't), then block her number and whatever. She should have little to no contact with you if she cannot accept you for who you are.

The good thing is that you were first to apologize and try to resolve this conflict. You should be very happy with yourself. You did well. :slight_smile: