1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no idea what to do please HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nomad187, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Nomad187

So me and my mom got in a small fight last night because she called my phone last night from the living room so I went in and was a little apprehensive becuase she kept telling me to sit down then she flipped and told me to leave. So this morning she is all grumpy and she tells me that my exam marks came and that she got them and thats what last night was about. So I ask her where they are and she says I will never see them, so I start freaking out because they were addressed to me and they are my marks so she tells me where they are and she also tells me I have 90 minutes to pack all my stuuf and get the hell out of her house. Um what do I do???

please I need help asap

2. Spectre

Well, not knowing the full details of the situation, here is something that might help you (based on your location):

[will PM you the information]

But, you might want to try talking to your mother some more to see if you can stay (in a calm and respectful manner). I also find it difficult to believe you're being kicked out of the house due to poor exam marks. Are you sure nothing else has happened? What were your exam marks? Did you try calling the school to find out? :confused:

3. Nomad187

Its not about the marks that I am getting kicked out its because she got them and refused to show them to me when they are government exams and were mailed to me. and after only have about 2 hours sleep I freaked because I don't think she has the right to keep that info from me

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As Spectre said, not knowing the whole situation, it sounds like perhaps your mom is not emotionally stable. Is there a diagnosed psychological problem or a drug or alcohol problem with her? The circumstances you're describing don't sound like a normal, healthy parent's behavior unless there's a lot more to the story.

I also echo Spectre's suggestion to try to have a calm conversation with your mom. It's not reasonable under any circumstances to throw someone out on no notice and if she's remotely sane, she should understand that.

There are some good resources for teens throughout most of Canada, and one of my good friends is a social worker in Ontario, but well connected with other provincial service organizations. If Spectre's leads don't help you out, let me know and I can put you in touch with my friend.

With regard to your marks, I agree, you should be entitled to see them. If she won't let you, I would imagine you can probably contact the agency responsible for the testing and arrange to have them resent, or perhaps emailed to you.

Please keep us updated on what's going on for you. This is a very solveable problem and I'm sure you're pretty upset right now but give it a little time and I'm sure you'll find a solution that works for you.

5. Nomad187

My mom hats alcohol and the closest to drugs she gets is tylenol. We haven't been on the best of terms lately, because she has continually freaked on me due to the fact that my exam marks had not come. I kept telling her to just wait because they will come eventually. My mom is a single mother who has too look after 2 kids on a single income, she has heart issues (she has had a heart attack in the past 3 months) I think that all the stress just gotten her to the point of snapping. I tried talking to her and she just keeps yelling at me.

6. Spectre

Well, just let her cool off for a while. I don't think she's going to do anything just yet... she can ask you to leave but until she calls the police or tries to physically force you herself, what can she do?

7. VentinIntrovert

Even though she invaded your privacy, it's not really that bad. Try having you mother walk in on you while your taking a pee because she thought you were your dad. Anywho, if you are concerned about your marks, you can always purchase for an offical transcript to get your marks mailed to you again. Anyways, good luck!

8. Nomad187

So she just like forgot about it altogether. and I was never worried about my marks she just hid them. I am not getting kicked out now.

9. george678

Good to hear, and you still can't find your results? That is bad, you need to ask her for them, there YOURS and they were addressed to YOU, how would she like it if you kept her mail from her?