1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think this guy is interested in me! Yay! :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

I met him at a party Saturday and found him on facebook. We talked on facebook chat and then he told me to text him. So I did and we talked a lot and we're getting along really well. He's saying things like we definitely have to hang out soon and we should make cupcakes together because I love cupcakes. Lol.

He was asking if I had a girlfriend and if I was like a ladies man and he was saying like that I seem like a ladies man. And he is really trying to get me to tell him a juicy secret. And I just met him Saturday. He's really sweet from what I've seen though and I trust him but I'm not giving up any secrets anytime soon; they're secrets for a reason.

And I know you shouldn't try to judge if a guy is gay by how feminine he is but he kind of set off my "gaydar".

So yeah, I feel like he's interested in me and I'm interested in him. From what I've told you how do you feel?

2. TonyR

TonyR Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're not going to him you're gay if you want a relationship then I really don't have an idea how his reaction could be.

If he is interested, then to him you're straight. And if he's not then he's not.

And by this I would say that he's somewhat feminine, but I don't really know. You can tell by his pictures though, still you just don't know.

Tell him.

3. St. Jimmy

From what you've said about how he's been trying to talk to you a lot and then asking if you have a gf, I'd be pretty sure he is interested

4. george678

Yes agreed^
    If he is asking if you have a girlfriend he has an interest in you. You should ask the same question.

5. Just Adam

if you wont tell him your not straight then he will lose interest and move on .

its a bitch to wait then to find they met someone else

besides if hes really someone you want to know he should be happy and accepting, besides i think the fact its a new relationship should make it easier.

have a talk with him it cant hurt if it went bad you would of just lost a person not worthy of you, but it sounds like he likes you

6. Iniquity

I think you should let him know you're interested in him. This way, you'll know if he's truly interested in going farther with you in that respect. And this way, you're also not guessing with him. You guys seem like you want to get along well, so why not let him know when the time is right, and then see where it takes you.

7. Jeremy

I have a friend who acts totally feminine, and I have to admit when I first met him I thought absolutely for sure he was gay. He'd hold hands with different girls walking to class, has an obsession with Taylor Swift, put on female friends' clothing for fun, has a higher pitched voice with lots of inflection, etc. And when I very first met him, I may have had potentially the slightest attraction to him. However, he's straight (fortunately I found out before things got weird). But yeah, he would do things like sit on my lap and grab my butt (before he knew I was gay). Now that he knows, I show absolutely no interest in him and I make it a point to act disgusted from any sexual remarks he makes about me in a joking manner. (Although to be honest, I may or may not still have that ever-so-small initial interest in him. :icon_wink Shh!)

But yeah, if you're in the closet, I'd definitely be careful. Hopefully he's the type of person though who would respect the fact that you're gay and not go around telling everyone. And if he happens to be gay too, that's a plus!!! :grin:

8. Mind Freak

Sooo basically y'all think I should tell him. I think I should too. I don't normally trust people as quickly as I trust him so that has to be a good sign. I'll probably do it by the end of the day. I'll let you know how it works out. :slight_smile:

9. Just Adam

good luck :grin: (*hug*)

10. Mind Freak

Well he sucks! Lol. I was like "so what are you buying me for dinner?" and he says "Is this a date or something?" I hadn't mentioned it like a date I was just hungry. So then I was like sure why not and it turns out he doesn't like guys. :eusa_doh: I tried to play it off as like my sense of humor. Idk how that worked out though. Lol.

I was really sure that he liked me cause he was flirting non stop yesterday like honestly. And now he is barely texting me back. So now I feel crumby and lead on. *sigh* And normally I'm not as open so it stings that when I actually try it I get burned.

:bang::bang::bang:

11. fringelunatic

Don't beat yourself up about it too much - at least you know now. Give him a bit of space; a few days to let him realise that it's not worth losing a friend over (or if he decides it is, then you're probably better off without him).
    Chances are you've just shocked him, possibly by being a bit too upfront for him (it's just possible he's just not ready to tell you he's orientated towards being attracted to you). If you did the humour thing right you might be okay anyway.

12. Connor22

relax mate so you couldn't quite get this one, relax! theres a million and a half other guys out there just as good as him if not better, at least now you can learn that if something doesn't work out you spit on their graves and don't look back right?

13. Mind Freak

I'm chilled. I just hate when my instincts are wrong. Lol.

14. Just Adam

dont worry about it it happens to everyone, sadly not everyone can be as open or honest as you were. you opened up emotionally took a chance and found out he doesn't like guys, not a lot can be done about it...

there may be denial involved maybe not youve tried to play it down it was a good bit of humour...

i say leave him to make the next move if he doesn't want to talk to you even suspecting you like guys then he really isnt worth having as a friend...but you never know he may be forced to work through his own things now...

whatever happens you were open honest and genuine, you cant say that about a lot of people in this world :slight_smile:

15. Jeremy

Yeah man! I definitely commemorate you for your bravery! That's something I probably couldn't do. :grin:

And yeah, if your friend is weirded out by it, let him know how silly it is to be weirded out by it. I mean, if you found out some girl liked you, would you be weirded out by her or could you still be friends letting her know you didn't share the same feelings towards her? I mean it's not like you're going to stalk him... I hope. lol

Or if he mentions anything tell him that he acts gayer than you do. lol just kidding. XD
    But seriously... my straight friend acts like a million times gayer than me. I'm pretty laid-back though.

16. Mind Freak

Lol. No, I'm not going to stalk him or anyone else.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I'll leave him alone for now. Y'all are so supportive! I love it. :grin:

17. Just Adam

weve been there, if we cant support each other then what kind of people are we :slight_smile:

18. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, that sounds like he is totally into you. No straight man worth his salt would say anything about making cupcakes with another guy. Go for it have fun and good luck.

19. fringelunatic

Yeah, keep us posted - I'm enjoying the soap-opera side of this :grin: I know it sucks when your instincts are wrong, but at least if he comes to terms with your apparently bizarre sense of humour you'll have a baking buddy!

20. Iniquity

It's okay man. You needed to know so you know which feelings to have. Now you do, so enjoy the friendship you guys have. And if he pulls up any pre-occupations, just look back on the situation and laugh it off when you can. Keep him as a buddy and keep your head up.