1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date EVER

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zzzero, Aug 2, 2010.

1. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so I had a thread a few days ago about the guy I was nervous about meeting. Or didnt know what I should do.

Well after talking to him pretty much every night, and each of us going to bed later than expected, we decided we should meet! So we're gonna meet up on friday and I guess we're calling it a date even! The trouble is, I'v never been on a date. And a date with a guy no less. So here's my question. Other than be myself, what should I do? Who pays for what?(i was going to go with we both pay for our own stuff) Is there anything I should know?

I want to be myself as much as possible but I also want to be as talkative as I can be online. He said he'd try to help make things not awkward. We even got the greeting out of the way because he said when he saw me, he'll give me a big hug! that's just what he does i guess.

I will be telling a friend that I'm meeting him and where and when. I'm not worried about that at all though.

So any advice? or any tips to make the week go by faster? I'M SO EXCITED!

2. Mind Freak

Yay! That's great. I think it's great you're so excited!
    If he's willing to plan out greetings for you there is very little doubt in my mind that the date will be anything but amazing.

As far as paying goes, going dutch is a good option. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a free meal though. :slight_smile:

And as far as getting the time to pass faster; it probably won't. Lol. Just try to keep yourself busy I guess? Like heavy duty clean your house maybe? That should keep you busy. Or read a book. I'm probably not helping but you get the drift!

Have fun! :grin:

3. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Aww, that's so sweet, he even planned out the greeting lol it's cute how excited you seem about it. I don't know much about dating myself besides the whole "be yourself" thing.

Good luck though!!!

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha ha ha, thanks for the tips guys. And I don't think I could bring myself to let him buy me anything =P

5. Jeremy

Maybe if you have like two different things planned out (say dinner and a movie), one of you can pay for one, and the other can pay for the other. Then you're still paying practically the same price but technically you get the opportunity to pay for him, and he gets the opportunity to pay for you. That's kinda what I do anyway - with almost everyone, not just dates. Lol. 'Cause then it makes you feel special that you're taking someone out and letting them feel special by letting them take you out.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just remember the point of the date is to get to know each other better, and to get used to being in each other's presence. Don't feel you need to shell out a lot of coin to have a good date, and make sure you choose things to do where you can keep interacting. This is why I'm usually against a movie first-date - it sort of puts you in a dark room and insists you not interact for two hours. Better to go do something interactive. Go race go-karts, or play mini-golf, or window shop, or see an art exhibit, or anything else cheap and simple. And pick a local sandwich shop or "home cooking" place to eat - cheap and different. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're going to the Zoo! I'm so psyched, especially since I havent been to a GOOD zoo since i was like 7

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The zoo is PERFECT. Cheap, lots to do and see, but plenty of time to interact. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The zoo! thats sounds awsome!
    I've been to the zoo on a date.

10. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats and I'm sure its going to be awesome :slight_smile:

I hate the paying thing though haha Its a constant fight with my boyfriend xD We usually trade days or activities. Don't get me started on opening doors for each other! xDD lol

11. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How did it go?

I told him i probably wont be weirded out by anything he does unless he strips naked and starts screaming and throwing mud at the animals lol

12. fringelunatic

Sounds like an interesting person, lol :wink:

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See, I'd take that as a dare, myself...

Lex

14. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today's the day! Wish me luck!

15. MagicalMatt

BAH! This thread is so cute. Taylor, have so much fun, and I want to hear back from you!

16. Walolas

Good luck!

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    go get 'em T! :thumbsup:

18. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Good luck!!!

19. Just Adam

hope it went well :grin:

@lex i dare y ou to strip down and throw mud at a lion ! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha ha, i'm reporting back everyone!

It went AMAZINGLY. He's awesome, so cool to hang out with! We went to the zoo first and saw all the animals but it didnt take very long. only like an hour. So we decided to go to the arboretum and walk around for a bit. we did some adventuring through the woods and ended up in a field under a tree. We had such a great time and we walked like EVERYWHERE. Then after finally finding somewhere with water and ap lace to sit we recharged a bit then headed to my apartment. All i had to eat so far is french toast this morning. I wasn't really hungry the whole time.

Oh. And he lives kinda far from me, like a little under two hours (not to drive but to commute on the train and stuff) he got his mom to drive him to the train but they missed it and we worried he wouldnt make it in on time to get to the zoo. But luckily he was able to convince his mom to drive him allll the way to the T which was like another 45 minute drive. We met around 1, he left at the last possible minute to catch the train at like 7:20.

It was a first date, is it bad that we hooked up a bit (nothing TOO serious) on the first date?

and by that i mean like some cuddling and making out.