1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So it ends?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TroubledRyan, Aug 3, 2010.

1. TroubledRyan

Ermm hey guys...sooo my mom nd dad are getting a divorce...nd im kinda happy, because i really dont like him, he failed as a dad...even after he got his second chance with his family. But i feel kind of sad to. On the night of the fight i got involved to...lots of yelling on both are parts...what hurt the most out of it was that he said i was a mistake, and my mom was as well. So after the fight my mom called are friend to get us( he took the truck keys ), nd he called the cops for some odd reason.that basicaly finalized the devorce.
    While we were living with a friend he decided to be a dick nd say he wanted to keep the house which had my mom continue for the restraining order. But i dont know why but right after my mom did that he decided to give are house back nd pay financial support.
    So i lost my dad that i never had i guess...i more or less posted this to just get it off my chest..

2. i need help

well im sorry to hear that your world is upside down right now, when i found out my mom and dad were splitting i was happy because we would be moving somewhere i could get high speed internet, on the other hand i was terrified for my mom because this was gonna be really hard for her...i have always been closer to mom then my dad...and when we rolled up and he was standing there chatting up his new girlfriend thats what pushed them over the edge...but 3 years down the line my mom is the happiest im seen her in so long...
    and i know that may not help you right now...but if you look at the long term picture it will be easier...

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ryan,

Really sorry to hear that, and as much as you make it out like it's not a big deal, I'm sure it was really really hurtful both that he said you (and your mother) were "mistakes", AND that you've grown up without the opportunity to have a dad that genuinely cares and knows how to be there. Don't be afraid of whatever feelings come up in coming days as you begin to process what's happening. Just do your best to keep your wits about you and stay grounded, and look at it as an opportunity to develop a calmer, better household with your mom.

And... it's possible that with the divorce, your dad may suddenly start stepping up to the plate a little more and wanting to spend time with you. No promises, but sometimes that's how it works out in divorce situations.

Please keep us up to date.

4. Connor22

don't worry ryan we're all here for you if you ever need anything
    :slight_smile: keep strong

5. Jeremy

That's really unfortunate. My parents broke up when I was at a young age, so I didn't really understand what was going on, which in turn, probably produced much less of an effect on me. It is good to hear that you have your mother though. Keep that relationship strong, and if your dad's an asshole, well, there isn't too much that can be done unfortunately.

I hope things start looking brighter for you soon. :slight_smile:

6. TroubledRyan

Thanks guys :slight_smile:
    And i think im grounded, i'm taking it okay. Just alittle empty.
    And i dout he will try again-and i wont let him for that matter. This was his second try, he was out of my life 8-13 then came back...and this wasnt the first time he has said i was a mistake...it would effect me more if i acttualy cared for him i guess.
    As for my mom...i think she is allright and taking it okay, she pretty sad though, and is worried financiial wise since we were barly making it with his money. So now we are asking my older bros grandpa for help...

7. ScottieBB

"Hugs TroubledRyan" Just felt like you could use one :wink:

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've presumably been in fights where you said things you may not have really meant, simply because you wanted to injure the people you were currently angry at. Try not to dwell on the words he said too much. Chalk it up to them getting really angry one last time, and work on moving on.

Lex

9. TroubledRyan

I honestly dont think people say stuff they dont mean, i think they just regret saying it afterwards

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I totally think they do. I know I've said some nasty things to people that I didn't believe, for the sole purpose of causing them harm. But it's up to you whether to carry around that resentment. Personally, I think it's best to leave it on the side of the road - it'll make the trip lighter. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. TroubledRyan

Thanks Lex...ill forgive him in time, just not yet...i'm not good at holding grudges anyways

12. george678

Ryan,

Me along with many others here, have had there parent's divorce. It's a hard.

Take it easy.