1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

grrr gay head ace

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fabu2113, Aug 4, 2010.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

Here is another thread telling you Im confused.well one day I want to get maried and I want to share great moments with my husband in the future. But I dont think thats going to happen. I dont know whats stoping me. Im confused. I go to church in a regular bases every sunday.Is that whats holding me back.I cant wait for the moment I tell my parents Im gay. Even.Telling them that ,I wont have any pride.why is that.I guess I dont like gay pride parades.? IDK why I am not very supportif of the gay community.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, your post is a bit over the map, so let me focus on just one section of it.

A lot of folks trip over the "pride" thing. "I'm not proud of being right-handed or short or anything else, so why should I be proud of being gay?" The thing to remember is that "pride" is the opposite of shame. So anytime you hear the word "pride" in association with being gay, consider that to mean "anti-shame". "Gay pride parades" are actually "we refuse to be ashamed of being gay" parades. "Gay pride stickers" on the backs of cars are saying "I'm not going to be shamed into hiding my sexuality". And that doesn't necessarily mean "throwing it in people's faces", either. It's simply the ability to say "I went out with my boyfriend last night" with the same confidence straight guys can say "I went out with my girlfriend last night". That's pride in a nutshell. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

I guess a little pride wont hurt a bit. to tell you the truth. If I was out I would not go to pride parades. Im not proud to be gay, but im not ashamed either.yeah I can understand that.And also I dont do much to help out the gay community as i have other important things in my life.for a time I thought that bc maybe I was doughting my sexuality and its morality.but I understand now.I cant change its a part of who Iam.

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me, pride does not necessarily mean proud to be gay. Being gay is just a part of who I am and i'm not any more proud of it than any other part of myself. however, pride means i'm proud that i can be myself. I'm proud that I have enough self-confidence to openly be my self entirely. I'm proud that I feel like I don't have to hide any parts of who I am.
    You don't need to think of pride as being proud of being gay, but it's being proud of being who you really are.