1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:***:

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Please pardon the language that is coming. I'm really upset right now & if it may offend you, please do not read.

I'm sick and FUCKING tired of being single. But i'm really really fucking tired of getting turned down.

so

FUCK it.

That's it. I'm done. Fuck dating. Fuck even trying to find a guy to fall in love with. Guess I better just go ahead and cozy up with the notion of being alone for fucking ever. Fuck you to everyone who has ever said I'm not good enough. You'll see. I don't need you.

And to a certain asshole who shall remained un-named.

I hope you someday come to your senses and realized what you could have had. Because that petty little bullshit you pulled earlier was not EVEN fucking cool. So fuck you. Even if you did wise up and realize how good I really am, the chances of me ever bearing my soul to you again like that & opening myself up to you, are slim to none.

I'm done. The end. I guess I'll be alone forever

What-fucking-ever.

2. MagicalMatt

Look. I've been where you are. Apparently, you've been there too. So, just remember that you've stuck it out, and that you're not going to die. There's always someone else.

3. Why does it suck so damn bad then. I am tired of feeling this way.

4. OutToSea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why do you want to be in a relationship?

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oddly, I think you've got the right idea. Sorta.

It seems most relationships happen when we're not really looking for them. Not because of magic or destiny or anything like that. It's more like doing a jigsaw puzzle. Imagine having one of those 10,000-piece puzzles all apart in front of you. Then imagine grabbing one piece...then grabbing EVERY single piece and trying to make it fit. Without even looking to see if it might go there. You can imagine how frustrated and pissed off you'd get trying to get this puzzle done.

But most of us don't do puzzles like that. We spread out the pieces, and sort of let our eyes wander over them. And suddenly, it's like neon arrows pointing at a couple pieces. "These two go together." You grab them, put them together, and there you go.

And I think that's similar to how a lot of people approach relationships. They start looking at everybody, and trying to see if they "fit". And let's face it - most of them don't. For ANYBODY. And you start getting frustrated because "(it seems like) everybody else is in a relationship". Perhaps they are. But they didn't force it. They didn't spend their time trying to hammer square pegs into round holes. They just met people, befriended some, and eventually that neon sign came on. "These two go together." This isn't to say such relationships are perpetual, and always last. But they tend to be on fairly solid ground to begin with, in any event.

So maybe you need to stop slamming jigsaw puzzle pieces together. Put all that aside. Be single. Meet people. Make some friends. And eventually, something will come along. And that neon sign will come on.

Lex

6. ha. funny thing is no sooner than i said fuck it and posted this, some guy just sent me a message on a dating site. been talking some. life is really ironic in those ways

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you need to tone it down a bit. Sorry i dont mean to offend. I understand that things are hard for you right now but posting things like this really only make it worse sometimes. Don't say fuck dating, just say, well it didn't work out this time. If it didn't work out, then it wasnt meant to work out. Meaning it never would even if you had forced it.

Just remember, no one is attracted to a bad attitude or outlook on things. So try to be positive. I understand that this is a place to bitch and moan and get stuff off your chest, but it's hard to move on from something if you let it get in the way and be in yoru head all the time.
    The best you can do is try to put the bad things out of your head and see the positive in things. It didn't work out with this one guy you're talking about but at least you avoided more hours of being lied to or having a relationship that would go nowhere in the end. And now you can find someone better who loves you for you!

8. I felt alot better after i posted this. I'm calmed down now. And I'm just gonna let it go, and let things take their course.

9. Just Adam

im glad you feel better..a good old rant always helpd :grin:

and lex is right we always find things when we stop lokoing for them..i was bitching about my guy troubles and the guy i was bitching to ended up going out with me haha..

i know everything will work out for you,
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)