1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nagging fear.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by illwakeupalone, Aug 7, 2010.

1. So, I've recently become more comfortable with being who I am and I love it. I love that feeling of being totally myself in terms of my sexuality and of being able to talk about it (for once) and of knowing that there's nothing wrong with me, I'm just gay. I spent a lot of years trying to date guys because I didn't want to be gay because I knew it would kill my parents. I don't want to deny who I am anymore, but I have this awful fear that my parents are going to find out before I'm ready to come out to them (even though they live on the other side of the country).

Any advice guys?

2. Miss Bubbles

They probably already know and are trying to get themselves ready.... my parents knew when i was way little lol just give it time dont over think. You will know when the time comes like me i yelled it at my rents cuz i was angry and wanted them to leave me alone. it worked for five minutes.

3. Lol. My parents aren't exactly intuitive about things concerning me. My mom is constantly worrying about my little sister and if she's going to run away, or kill herself, or "become" a lesbian. She didn't even notice when I started cutting in highschool(long story). My dad is totally oblivious most of the time too. Eh. If they know, they're in denial anyways.

4. MagicalMatt

I mean...I have the same fear sometimes. My sister used to call me gay all the time, but when I told her, she had no clue. :/ Situations are different for everyone.

5. Maybe they do know you know? And just aren't willing to admit it. They are really afraid of one of us (my 2 sisters and myself) being gay or bi and have told us it would "kill them" and making them feel like "failures as parents." Maybe that was their way of saying "please don't tell us what we already know because we can't handle it right now."

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might try a different thought - act like they already know. Then you won't have to worry about if they "find out".

Lex

7. That actually might work Lex. :slight_smile: I live in a different state anyway so they wouldn't have to know much about my personal life as it is.