1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my list

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedKnight, Aug 7, 2010.

1. RedKnight

little under a year ago i figured out that to do anything in my life other than sit around on my computer i made a list of things i wanted in the short term (roughly in the next 2 years). on this list had such things as to become more outgoing, to eat better and to come out to my mum and friends.

this has help because it gave me a time frame to accomplish these goals so a push to have them done before the deadline was met. without this i probably wouldnt of told my mum about my sexuality.

meanwhile my time frame to come out to my remaining friends is approaching (roughly in a month). i so want to tell them but you know how these things are. every1 that i have told about my sexuality so far (besides my mum) i have told through msn or text message but i dont want to continue this trend.

so i am wondering when, where, how is the best way to tell them that i am bisexual. like is it best to tell them all at once or all individually? that sort of things

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

If your friends you want to tell are a close group of friends, i guess you could tell them all at once. If theres any you think wont take it well, probably best to tell them separately.

Easiest way would be next time your all together for something, then just randomly bring it up.

Good luck :slight_smile: Everyone i've told was told on msn, besides my parents (although i seem to know most people online before i meet them)

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it depends on how/where you see them. Is it usually with other people you've already told? If so, then just tell those other people that the gag order is now null and void, and they're free to discuss it. And then either they can tell them (if they want), or you can just bring it up when you're together. You don't have to make an announcement ("I'm bi"). Instead, you might bring it up in context of your list. "I really would like to get laid sometime soon, but honestly, I'm still not sure if I want to try a guy or a girl first/next."

Lex

4. RedKnight

that would be way to uncharacteristic for me to do it that way, but i see where you coming from. i love how these things always sound easier than they will actually be.

i dont believe any of my mates will take it badly at all so i guess i can just but it out there somehow when all my mates are around at some stage. meanwhile even if some1 were to take it badly my mates who already know would be there so they would have my back per say.

thanks guys :slight_smile:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>that would be way to uncharacteristic for me to do it that way, but i see where you coming from. i love how these things always sound easier than they will actually be.

The funny thing is it really IS that easy. It just comes down to whether or not you think you can do it or not. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Its actually the opposite. We drum up how we think things will play out in our heads, and it ends up easier that the in your head version.

7. Inhuman

A) I came out to my Mom and step mom during car rides (I was driving so I felt in control even when I was scared to tell them) it helps.

b) got my mom-parents to tell my dad-parents (step or real)

c) tell them one @ a time. it's nerve racking enough that way.

d) remember you've had years to become cool with it and they'll only know after you tell them