1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up of being lonely

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chrlon, Aug 9, 2010.

1. chrlon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I gay 26 and lonely don,t know any gay people (not any who give to shits about me anyway). I so afraid to go out and meet new people and it doing my head in all I do is sit at home all day smoking weed as it the only thing what comforts my depression and felling lonely. I just don't know what to do any more life is beging to seem really pointless. :tears:

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well welcome to EC.

you're noticing the problem in your life that you want to fix, and that's the way to start changing it!

You're going to have to will yourself into going out and meeting new people. Even if that means joining a dating site or something. This works well if you have an easier time talking to people online. Even making online friends that are gay will help because you can talk to them and relate to them.

Take baby steps, it takes time to train yourself to be outgoing.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, sitting at home smoking weed really isn't going get to modivate you to anything. Get out and do something, anything. people aren't going to knock your door down you gotta put yourself out there.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Do you work?

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

As Taylor pointed out, you've already handled the first step. Actually, you've handled the first two steps - you recognize there's a problem, and you've defined the problem. Now you need to start working on fixing the problem.

So, first things first. Lemme ask a few questions so I can get a better grasp of what's going on.

* Do you live alone?
    * Where do you live? You don't have to give an address - just tell me what country, what state (if it's the US), and describe your town a bit if it's not a big one.
    * Do you think being gay has anything to do with your loneliness? Does anybody know you're gay? Are you worried about them finding out? How comfortable are you with being gay?
    * How deep is this fear? Do you think it's something you could work up the courage to overcome? Or do you think you're in so deep that you're going to need some outside assistance?

Let us know - we're here to help. :slight_smile:

Lex