1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best way to handle someone who speaks to you too sexually?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

I personally don't care for talking like dirty or anything. But I find that people like to talk dirty to me sometimes and I have no idea how to handle it. Sometimes it's harmless and one time it was meant to be malicious.

But I have no idea how to handle situations where people are saying things to me that make me uncomfortable. I don't want to be like "EW STFU RIGHT NOW YOU FREAK!" you know? I want for them to stop and realize it makes me uncomfortable but I don't want it to be a big fuss you know?

And I ask because it seems like this will be a recurring problem for me because it has happened a few times and I'm still young you know?

So do you have any suggestions?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it in person or online? It's pretty easy to handle online. Something like "Hm. That kind of talk might be fun if I liked you like that, but I guess I really don't. Sorry. :slight_smile: / :frowning2:".

Lex

3. Mind Freak

It's some of both.

4. Étoile

Respond back sexually and see what they say.

5. Mind Freak

But that's the thing I don't want to talk to them sexually. Lol. They just keep trying and I'm not interested in that.

6. fringelunatic

Phfft. If I had people wanting to talk to me sexually...

But anyway, if you really can't stand it you could always turn the conversation down some unpleasant route, like talking about bowel movements.

7. Mind Freak

Lol. I mean like a little every once in a while is fine but some people like beat the horse to death and you end up feeling uncomfortable.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then you might simply say "You probably should save that for somebody who will respond in kind." Just act bored. They should get the message.

Lex

9. MagicalMatt

Or be honest with them. Say, "hey, that makes me uncomfortable. Can you not?"

10. Owen91

Owen91 Guest

Just give them this face:
    [​IMG]

but really, just look at them funny. Give them a face that says, "are you sure you don't wanna rephrase that?" That usually works for me. No one wants to look like they've overstepped a boundary.

11. Jeremy

When people do this to me, I kind of blow them off with a "wow, are you really that dumb" type of attitude. People usually don't like that, and if it's a friend, they usually are understanding and don't do it anymore, probably because they don't want their friend thinking of them as adolescent, (but then again, I usually don't really think they're stupid. I usually just act like I think they're stupid because I know some people like to have fun, and if I show that I don't agree with it, they usually stop around me).

If it's someone who's not a "friend," it's a little different. I think completely ignoring them could work. If it persists to a level where it becomes harmful, I would talk to someone.

12. Just Adam

just tell him no...misser.....no ... no

13. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you could just say wow your a little forward aren't you? that ussaly works for me to get people to stop.

14. D_Alejandro

I think you're being vague. I need specific examples, then I would probably understand better.

Facial expressions tell it all, and sometimes more than words do. Give them a face that goes in accordance to how you feel when they talk to you like that. It should give them a hint. Otherwise, just be polite and tell them that that type of talk makes you feel uncomfortable and uneasy. I know that sometimes it can take a lot for people to get a hint or fully understand what you're trying to say, but you need to do something about it if it's bothering you. You can say disagree and say no to people and still be polite and nice. :slight_smile:

Good luck<3

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2010 at 07:44 PM ----------

LMAO, I love that picture.

15. Mind Freak

Examples?

1. A guy that sat next to me in class said "i want to cum on your face" umm ew. I was shocked and disgusted and didn't know what to say except "Ew." Lol. My mom suggested I slug him. Haha. That wasn't the only thing he said.

2. Someone like touched my but in a pizzeria. We were at a bar table thing and I was facing my friend but we were talking to him and then I felt the guys hand graze my butt. Didn't know what to say there either so I just moved. Lol.

3. Texting this guy and he kept joking about sex stuff with me and I was trying to ignore it and not encourage it but he wouldn't get the hint! He's nice to talk to until he starts doing that.

Like these things don't happen all the time but when they do happpen it would be nice if I knew what to do with myself. Lol.

But thanks for the suggestions I'll try to use some of them. :slight_smile: