1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I received a summons to be seen in court, and I'm pissed.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 9, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

Just a little background, about 2 years ago I went on the train without my pass, and I was caught and given a ticket.

I was 17 at the time, and just ignored it until I got a 'pay up or you're going to court', I panicked and paid up.

That was a year ago. So half an hour ago i get a knock on my door. It's a woman giving me a letter, a summons to be seen in court and i'm half shitting myself with fright and half totally pissed off.

I have the number to call in the morning, but is there anything else I can do?

2. Severed Serenity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In all honesty, I have no idea! But I'm here if you need to talk.

3. Paper Heart

Did they give you a receipt or something similar after paying? Because if they don't have a record, you might have to pay it again, which is not fun.

Best of Luck!

4. MusicIsLife

I didnt go in anywhere to pay it, I paid through credit card by mail, so I have no receipt. I'm gonna check with the bank to see if I can get any proof that i paid it.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you paid via credit card, they should be able to pull up the transaction. Contact the credit card company, give them a date range and a dollar amount, and ask for a statement.

Lex

6. titaniumCloset

It's not a big deal if you paid. Just show them proof and they'll write it off as an accounting error. If you didn't pay, just pay it and they'll say ok bye.