1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irony

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by travelinsoul21, Aug 10, 2010.

1. So I was all pissed off and upset last week and now...

I have a date.
    Well kind of. Like we are trying to coordinate our schedule and pick a date for our date. But we are going on a date. Lol. I've been talking to him for a while and never saw what was right in front of me. Funny how things turn out.

Anyway super freaked out about it since I haven't gone on a date in so long and that was with a girl like five years ago. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Who should pay? What should I wear?? Etc...

Oh and what should we do for a first date??

2. blankpaper

The paying thing you should discuss with him/do whatever feels right in the moment. But bring enough money so you could pay all if it comes down to it. Wear whatever makes you comfortable/what makes you look best. As for first date ideas: I, personally, would always rather do something active + something low key. Ex. rollerblading, hiking, beach, ice skating, paintball and then after go to a movie or dinner. That's just me though maybe you want to do somthing a little simpler? What ever fits for both you guys! When all else fails the drive-in is always cool :slight_smile:

3. george678

I think who ever asked the person out for a date should pay, I might be wrong there.

As for what your wearing just be smart but comfortable on your first date.

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    go somewhere cool that you dont normally think of going to! It's best to be outside because you're sort of forced to interact that way lol.
    Try to look your best, but also like you didn't try to look your best lol. you can get away with wearing anything as long as you're confident.

As far as paying, i like to pay for everything myself on a date. And I expect the other person to do the same. So you pay for your stuff and he'll pay for his stuff. I'v always hated the idea that someone is supposed to pay for stuff. If both of you pay for your own stuff then it's fair and no one is being used in any way.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go do something fun where you both can interact. Movies aren't great because you're in a dark room forced to not interact for two hours. Go bowling, go for a picnic, go shopping, go eat at a fun place, go race go-karts, or (yes) go to the zoo. :slight_smile:

Wear whatever you normally wear. Feel free to wear a favorite T-shirt or whatever, but don't fussy up for the occasion. You should wear what you feel comfortable in.

Work on keeping the price of the date low, so it really won't matter who pays. Feel free to offer to pay, or say something like "Since you bought the tickets to the go-kart place, I'll pay for lunch afterwards."

And have fun, damnit. That's the whole point of this enterprise. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. I will definitely have fun. Another question, what's ok on a first date? We've already talked and are both on the same page about sex and we don't want to rush into anything there.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's OK on the first date sexually? Anything you two agree to. Some people don't like to hug after the first date. Others wouldn't date somebody until they've had sex with them. As long as you're both on the same page, it's all good. Just play safe, damnit. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. MagicalMatt

Just do what you're ok with. There are two kinds of rushing. There is physical rushing and emotional rushing. If you can be physical together and not fall for each other too quickly, and that's what you want to do, then go for it. If it's unnatural, then don't go for it.

9. Not whats okay sexually but just generally speaking

Like kissing or holding hands?

10. george678

I wouldn't do either.

11. MagicalMatt

Well, I beg to differ, george.

I'm definitely a kiss on the first date kind of guy. And holding hands is no big deal if you don't take it as such.

12. george678

You may well do.

But I know I'm not the only one on here who has my views. :thumbsup:

13. Elven

As Lex said just go do something fun or relaxing where you can both interact and as for the depth of those interactions it depends on how comfortable with kissing, holding hands and hugging you both are. Some people probably wouldn't want to while others would, it will probably just flow one way or the other so I wouldn't worry about it.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't matter if you're a "kiss on the first date" kind of guy if the other guy isn't, or isn't up to it with you. If you really feel like it, and you kind of get the same vibe from him, just broach the subject. "I keep getting this overwhelming urge to kiss you. Would it be OK if I gave in to that urge?"

Lex

15. starfish

Knocking over a liquor store on the first date would not be ok. You should save that until at least the third date. However if you wanted to case the joint that would be ok.