1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to start a dialogue with a crush??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hopelesslover93, Aug 12, 2010.

1. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last day i saw a guy and as soon as i saw him i just kinda fell in love but thought that he's straight anyway,just felt desperate and turned my head.He was playing with his younger sister.After talking to my cousin i realized that he was looking at me.I didn't get it first but then he kept looking at me and making eye contact secretly (cuz his father was around :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ).It was McDonald's -u know- two men in the line started to fight and including my cousin and his father,everyone went to check it out and we stayed alone:icon_bigg (he was sitting at the table right across mine) We kept making eye contact during eating (lol),while he was leaving we were both sad but after all that time we couldnt have the chance to meet and it's frustrating..So my question is how you start a dialogue in this kind of a situation?? Should i have called him out secretly or something?

#1 hopelesslover93, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's awkward to just say "Gimme your number" to somebody you haven't talked to yet. Which is why I suggest talking to them first. :slight_smile: Find your common ground, and start working it. What's your common ground? You're both at McDonald's.

"Is that the new Angus burger you're eating? I thought about trying it. Is it any good?"
    "What could they be fighting about in a McDonald's? Maybe they're out of barbecue sauce for the McNuggets?"
    "If I wanted to watch a fight, I'd turn on UFC."

You know, stuff like that.

Lex

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you are interested just ask to hang out.

4. paco

paco Guest

talk to them as if they're any other stranger that you're striking up a conversation with. you're just breaking the ice.

if you don't know how to or feel uncomfortable starting a conversation with a stranger, i would say practice that. talk to people you never have spoken to before at school, in class, at work etc. if you do that, talking to a cute stranger will seem easy, plus you'll probably make a bunch of new friends.

sure it's scary talking to new people at first, but a lot of people actually do want to talk but don't have the guts to do it so they pretend to be cool and aloof. after the first 10-20 new people, it will become like second nature, and you'll find you have friends and acquaintances all over the place.

5. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

yeah i agree with the rest; just talk about anything in that situation you had :slight_smile:, seems you are bit out of experience; but with time i guess you will learn and be more confident. the secret behind a normal healthy first talk is confidance and kno how to carry the topic along. hope this helps :slight_smile: